Kiddo Top Tens

Henry Top 10:

10. Tonight we went to the Witch Fest at Gardner Village with our Willis cousins. We had such a great time! On the way there, we were teaching the kids how to do a witch cackle. Henry continued doing the most hilarious witch cackle all night in the carseat and in his stroller. We couldn't stop laughing!

9. He absolutely loves his Grandma and Grandpa Willis. He of course loves G&G Holding too, but just isn't around them every day. He knows that when grandpa comes home, they are going to do something fun. He runs up to him and gives him a hug. Then he runs passed him, grabs his little shoes, runs back to grandpa and tosses the shoes at his feet as if to say, "Come on! Let's go outside."

8. He repeats so many words it is astounding to me. My favorites lately are chips, trash, cookie, wow, ow, cat, and guumaa (grandma).

7. We had his 18 month check up the other day and the doctor said he looks perfect - around 50th percentile in height and weight, so that's great. When the nurse gave him his flu shot in the leg he didn't even cry. He just gave her a scowl as if to say, "Hey! That was rude!" and then he went on his merry way without crying a bit.

6. He's a biter. Eek! I hope this phase passes quickly! Whenever he gets frustrated with Maddy for laying on him, pushing him, or taking a toy away, he chases her like a rabid dog threatening to bite her. It's terrible, but she thinks the chase is exhilarating and cannot control her laughter, only encouraging him even more.

5. He gives the best snuggles and kisses.

4. My favorite thing is I'll say, "Do you love your mama?" and he'll smile and shake his head yes then give me a kiss. Sweetest boy ever!

3. He loves to sleep in his crib. I rock him with his bottle and kiss his cheeks and then lay him down in his bed. He immediately rolls over on his tummy, curls his cute little arms underneath his body and goes right to sleep.

2. He loves popsicles, spaghetti, carrots and ranch, grapes, apples, cheese, lemonade, oranges, and ice cream :)

1. I just adore him.


Maddy Top 10:

10. She started her first day of creative dance class this week and loved it. The parents were able to sit and watch the first day and she kept looking over at me and smiling and giving me a thumbs up to show her approval. So cute.

9. Her transition to pre-school here in Utah was a little bumpy, but this week I think we turned a corner. She absolutely loved going each time and even made a new friend named Jade. Her mom and I chatted for a bit and exchanged numbers so we can all get together soon.

8. She is still a little social butterfly who loves to play with the neighbor kids every day.

7. She has been struggling for the last few months to control her temper and not use mean words when she's frustrated or upset. The last few days she has done wonderfully though and I'm so proud. I've watched her take deep breaths, count to four, and use her words to express how she's feeling instead of just screaming or saying mean things. I'm so proud of her and can tell she feels so proud of herself when she makes those good choices.

6. Yesterday I was cleaning the bathroom and she asked if she could help me. She is such a good helper and doesn't expect a reward after. I love giving her a hug after and telling her how much I appreciate her hard work and for asking to help me. I can tell she feels so proud and it makes my mama heart so happy.

5. Henry cut himself with a razor from the bathroom the other day and despite the fact that he wasn't in mortal danger (it was just a cut on the finger), she was devastated. She immediately started sobbing and saying, "I don't want my brother to be hurt!" It was so sad and so freaking cute.

4. She is a natural little caretaker. Any time a friend gets hurt she runs inside and grabs bandaids. She's very aware of others being sick or hurt and is quick to take care of them. I love and admire this quality in her so much.

3. She is quite the actress! She gets lost in her imagination quite often and is frequently found acting out some dramatic storyline she has made up in her mind.

2. Lately she has been asking for more brothers and sisters, specifically a sister, so we'll see if we can put in an order for that ;)

1. I love her so much it hurts sometimes.



Comments

Popular Posts