Grateful

This morning I've been sitting with my chilly toes curled underneath my legs, sifting through photos of this last year, and listening to this wonderful song.  As I've thought about all that I'm grateful for, my heart is like a bloated water balloon on a hot summer day, ready to burst at the seems. During this time of year, we often think about "counting our blessings" and thoughtfully list all that we're thankful for. I find myself unable to create this list. Rather I feel consumed by a sense of gratitude for all of it - the simple existence of this life - the good, the bad, the hard times, the losses, the wins, the life. I am just so thankful for it all.

I know that Heavenly Father has been my friend all along, refining me, comforting me, and leading me exactly where I need to be. I don't always listen and I'm sure I've got to be the most frustratingly stubborn and rebellious child, but I am profoundly grateful that He gave me the opportunity to come to earth, to learn by experience, and create my own wonderful adventure.

I am grateful for my husband and sweet friend who has been there all along. Sharing my life with him, from childhood, teenage years, to adulthood has been more romantic, hilarious, and fun than I ever imagined love would be. We've had rough patches as all who embark on this journey do, but we have been so blessed with love. I am grateful to be Madelyn's mum. I adore every inch of this sweet little girl. I love how her hands smell like maple syrup. I'm not sure how this is possible since we've never fed her syrup, so I suppose the sweet remnants of heaven are still clinging to her skin. I love her blue eyes as deep as the sea and sparkly as the sun. I am forever grateful for the miracle that she is in my life.

I'm grateful for my sisters and brother who are my built in best friends. They are my rocks, the listening ears during hard times and the sources of my most authentic laughter. I'm grateful for my parents. They are my greatest examples of bravery, resilience, and selflessness.

The list is endless.

I am grateful.




Comments

Miss Morgan said…
I know we haven't seen each other since our awkward elementary and we have only have casual social media encounters since then. But my heart is full watching your dreams of being a mom come true. That is one lucky little girl. Life has a way of making us wait for some things we long for the most. Hope 2015 is full of happiness, love and cute chubby babes.
Ashley said…
@Miss Morgan

You are so sweet! A happy 2015 to you too!!!

Popular Posts