Lou Lou

My little Maddy Lou,

You are 8 months old today! You're napping right now and I'm sitting here sifting through our photos of you. I'm not sure how so much sunshine and happiness can be bottled in one little person, but somehow you haven't exploded yet. I love every inch of you.

You are such a happy baby. You haven't quite perfected a signature chuckle yet, but you love to practice all day long, sometimes forcing it out and testing different melodic giggles.   You are my buddy throughout the day, cooking with me, cleaning, painting the walls, reading, and playing with toys.  Whenever I take you out to stores, people can't help but stop and talk to you. You are sometimes a little shy at first, but you'll look up at me and make sure it's ok and then you'll ham it up for perfect strangers.

For the most part, we just take it one day at a time, but sometimes I imagine the future and it overwhelms my heart.  The other day Daddy was dancing with you to our song and I instantly glimpsed you dancing with him on your wedding day. I don't mean to be such a sappy sap, but holy moly that was like a lightning bolt to my heart. I couldn't stop the tears for hours.  I'm not sure a little girl was ever adored as much as you are.

I hope that you'll remember how loved you are by us, your extended family, and most of all your Heavenly Father.  You were His long before you were ours and I know that He'll always be there for you through your brightest and darkest days.  I hope that you'll continue to love books.  Right now you love reading with me, but story time almost always inevitably ends with you trying to eat the book.  You will find some of your dearest friends, most sacred truths, and love for life through books. I promise you that :)  I hope that you'll be a strong and kind woman.  I hope you won't fear pursuing your dreams, that you'll believe you can do anything and then get to work making it happen.  I hope you'll be kind, that you'll be perceptive of those who are friendless or lonely and go out of your way to befriend and love them.  I hope that you'll love life.  And I hope that you'll always remember how much your mama loves you.

With you til the end,

Mama







Comments

Lindsay said…
Oh, she is scrumptious!
Reece said…
This is so sweet Ashley! it made me cry! she is so perfect! Wish I could meet her!

Popular Posts