Stop Growing

Little One,

You are growing way too fast! The other day we tried to put you in a set of jammies that you'd worn since you were born and we discovered you were about an inch too tall for them.  We couldn't get them to zip without you busting through the seams. It's so fun watching you grow and develop, but each milestone comes with a tinge of sadness in knowing you'll never be this little again.

You've provided your first time parents with so many laughs.  When we were on our way home from house hunting in Pennsylvania, we stopped at a little restaurant for burgers and shakes.  We decided to change your diaper in the car before we headed back on the road, so I laid the changing mat and you on my lap. No sooner had I gotten the new diaper strapped on when you decided to poop all over it.  We laughed and proceeded to put another diaper on you.  Right as I was in the middle of changing you, you squirted the biggest, runniest poop all over me.  It was literally all over my hands and up to my elbows on my arms! Your dad and I have seriously never laughed harder in our lives!

We went to your two month dr. appointment last week and found out you're already 9 pounds and three inches taller than when you were born! You also received two immunization shots - one in each leg.  Nobody warned me that this was going to be so traumatic for me to watch. As soon as you started crying I couldn't wait to scoop you up in my arms and make you feel better.  You put your little face in my neck like you always do and calmed right down.  I, on the other hand, was a wreck - crying my eyes out the whole time.

We've had hints of your little smile, but the first noticeable smile was when I came home one night after being out with friends celebrating my birthday.  I picked you up out of your crib and you looked up at me and smiled for the longest time.  I thought, "This was the best birthday present I could ever ask for." Since then you smile quite a bit throughout the day, especially in the morning.

You still love bath time.  In fact, you cry every time we take you out of the bath. 

We love you so much! Please stop growing so fast!

Love,

Mom








Comments

I've had that same experience! They really do grow up way too fast, but leave us with lots of good memories! She's such a sweetheart!
Laurie said…
Awe. This made me feel so happy for you!

Popular Posts