Little One

Maddy,

It's hard to believe you're already 24 days old.  This morning I picked you up out of your crib and you seemed like you'd grown three inches and five pounds overnight.  You're growing so big and so strong. I love snuggling with you and rocking you to sleep.  You look up at me and we just stare at each other for long periods of time.  You love music.  Every time I turn on music or sing, you instantly get quiet and wide-eyed. You love taking baths every morning.  Rather than crying or fussing about being naked, you lay back and act like you're out for a day at the spa.  Bathing you, dressing you, and then settling in for your morning nap is my favorite time of day.  This morning I read you a story and rocked you with the sunlight shining in through the window on us.  My tears trickled down my cheeks and landed on yours.  I am so proud to be your mother.  You've brought so much joy into our lives.  I love you little one.

Mom







Comments

charity said…
You've inspired me. I need to keep writing letters to Izzy. She is beautiful and I love love love reading your moniker "mom". What a lucky girl to be able to call you that!
charity said…
You've inspired me. I need to keep writing letters to Izzy. She is beautiful! I love love love reading your moniker "mom". What a lucky girl to be able to call you that!

Popular Posts