Thanksgiving 2012

We went home for Thanksgiving for the first time in three years.  We were so happy to be with our family at Kearstin's house in Idaho.  She's our little Martha Stewart of the family, always decorating her house with amazing taste and cozy warmth.  My Grandma Brown would be so proud that her impeccable taste survived in Kearstin's genetic code.

We loved catching up with our siblings, playing with our nieces and nephews, and being reminded of a quieter, simpler life outside of New York City.  After a delicious dinner we sat around and tried to talk off the impending food coma.  Travis and Dad took us all outside for a little target practice.  The little kids shot bb guns at cardboard turkeys and the adults shot bigger guns at gun powder-filled pumpkins in the field.  I feel like such a redneck typing this! We spent a few more days there seeing movies with the kiddos, swimming in natural hot pools, and chatting with my brother and sisters.  

Things I felt particularly grateful for this year:

My wonderful husband.  I am more in love with that man than I ever have been.  I'm eternally grateful that Heavenly Father led me to marry him.  I had no idea how good of a man he was.  He continually surprises me with his hard work both in school at home.  He's not afraid to do the laundry, cook meals, clean the house, and give me advise from work projects to clothing ensembles.  He's my perfect match in so many ways and I'm so grateful to have him.

I'm grateful this year for challenges.  I've grown closer to my Savior this year through my trials.  My testimony of his atonement has been strengthened through my mistakes.  I'm so grateful that He has allowed us to struggle starting a family.  It has brought us closer in ways I couldn't have imagined and my faith in His eternal plan of happiness has been magnified.

I'm grateful to have a job where I've learned so much both about myself and about an industry that was entirely foreign to me beforehand. I've had the chance to make great friendships at work and learn so much.

I'm grateful for good friends both near and far.
I'm grateful for my wonderful family.
I'm grateful for my health.

I'm grateful for New York.  I know that sounds silly, but I love this city.  It has brought a new dimension and perspective to my life and I love the energy that it's infused into my soul.  I don't know how long we'll be here, but I'll always cherish our memories here.

And that's about it.

I am thankful. 

Thanksgiving1 Thanksgiving2 Thanksgiving5 Thanksgiving6 Thanksgiving8 Thanksgiving10 Thanksgiving9 Thanksgiving7 Thanksgiving12 Thanksgiving13 Thanksgiving11 Thanksgiving4 Thanksgiving15 Thanksgiving14 Thanksgiving17

Comments

Reece said…
Beautiful words, beautiful photos, beautiful people. Hope u guys are doing great! Happy holidays!
mccall said…
What a beautiful home and family. I'm glad you were able to spend that holiday with them.
Brandon said…
I literally felt like I had just opened a Better Homes and Garden magazine. Beautiful pictures and a fantastic family. What a great post.

Popular Posts