Updates From The Will-i

Willis household updates:

Blair is finishing up his 3rd year of medical school and getting ready to take his Step 2 Boards late this summer.  He has made up his mind to apply to two different residency programs this Fall.  He'll interview this winter and then hopefully get placed in February.  He has worked so hard this year, balancing long hours at the hospital, studying at home, serving in the bishopric, cooking dinner and cleaning the house when I get home late from work, and still finding time for date nights and sleepovers in the living room.  He often feels bad about not doing more, but I am amazed at all that he juggles.  I'm pretty sure I'd be rocking back and forth in a dark closet if I had his responsibilities on my shoulders.

While Blair prepares to save the world one stethoscope at a time, I'm busy being the breadwinner.  I'm learning a lot in my job and am really enjoying being a part of such an exciting time for my company.  I leave around 8:30 every morning, take an hour train ride to Manhattan, and then get home around 7:30 or 8:00 at night.  Some nights are much later, but I'm trying to discipline myself into living a more balanced life.  I'm trying to be better about finding time to workout and pursue hobbies.  I haven't quite got it all figured out yet, but we're getting there.  I just got called as the primary president (they were really desperate for someone and literally had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to end up with me).  This calling has been an answer to prayer in a lot of ways.  These kids just keep us rolling with laughter.  I hope they're learning something in the process.  Meanwhile I'm just giggling in the back row half the time.

I don't know that we necessarily want to live here forever, but Blair and I are really loving NYC.  We love exploring the city together and finding yummy places to eat.  We recently stumbled upon a delicious French restaurant close to our house that is to die for! One chef, one waitress, a maximum of ten tables, and a new hand-written menu every night.  We were in heaven.  We love eating at a place called Xi'an Famous Foods in the east village.  We eat a lot of Halal food (middle eastern food) from a street vendor near our house.  This is our staple go-to meal when we're both tired from school and work.  $5 feeds both of us, so you can't beat that.  We regularly grab pizza at Artichoke in the city and have made one too many runs to the Dessert Truck for their bread pudding.  We still have a ton of restaurants on our list to try... Don't be surprised if we are both obese by the time we leave here.

No baby yet....in case you were bracing yourself for the awkward question.  I'm going to start stalking pregnant teenagers at local high schools though.  Just kidding...kind of.  Seriously though, this has been a good trial. We feel peace that things are going to work out when they're supposed to.  Some days are hard, but most of the time we're ok with it and just enjoying life in the present.

We miss our families.  We may make it home at some point this year for a visit - fingers crossed.

Love you all.  Thanks for reading this hodge podge blog/journal/i don't know what this is all about anymore.

Comments

Amy Miller said…
You make me smile, thank you! I think you're awesome!!!
Kami Beck said…
Thanks for the updates, Sis! Please come see us. We miss you!! Last Sunday during dinner, Mom was going on and on about how Blair is her favorite! She was dripping with pride and made us smile thinking about it. Dad and Justin we're feeling a little jealous ;), but who can blame her. Between the two of you, nothing compares! Love, hugs, and kisses!
Mike and Kim said…
You two are so cute! I smiled big when I heard about you guys getting married. Talk about a match made in heaven! Happy anniversary to you both. Sorry you are struggling with getting pregnant. I have some experience with that and my heart goes out to you. You will be an amazing mother!

Popular Posts