Stuff The Tree In The Subway And Go

The thing about living in New York is that everything is a gazillion times more difficult than it is everywhere else.  Grocery shopping takes more planning, budgeting, and time.  When getting from one place to the next you're always at the mercy of the timeliness of trains or the cooperation of the weather.  Your feet ache during the first weeks of living here because your lazy trash isn't used to actually walking in semi-fashionable shoes for miles.  You can't just jump in your car, run some errands, and pull into your heated driveway when you're through.  It's a hard knock life I tell ya.

These little inconveniences often lead us into rants of complaining and more often, fits of laughter.  We've had some funny experiences, but purchasing a Christmas tree, throwing it in our grocery cart, and shoving it like the Grynch who stole Christmas into the subway, was my absolute favorite.

I take that back. 

My favorite part was when Blair sent me out to buy a saw from the hardware store after Christmas break.  He thought we should saw off the branches and bag the tree up rather than leaving a horrific trail of pine needles through our four floors down to the garbage.  When I walked in the door from the store, Blair had his shirt off and was savagely hacking the last tree branches with one of my kitchen knives. 

So resourceful.  So manly.
























Kind of weird, but I kind of like him. 

Comments

Reece said…
hahahaha! nice. I love it!! We miss you guys on the island! :-D
Lindsay said…
Blake told me you hauled a Christmas tree through the subway system. I was impressed then when he mentioned it, but I'm even more impressed now that I see how big your tree was! Awesome! :)
Marce said…
wow, you have to be seriously committed in wanting a tree in NYC! glad you stuck to your guns- Christmas isn't Christmas without a tree...and you'll love remembering this story over and over again.

Popular Posts