Almost Famous

Did you see me on TV today?!!!!!

Am I famous?!

I didn't think so.

We were behind Coldplay's band as they played on the Today Show, waving frantically for our chance at fame when the cameras panned over us.

We woke up at 4:30 am for that view, folks. 4:30 for a barely visible view of Matt Lauer's shiny forehead and Chris Martin's spastic stage dancing.  We are idiots.  But we had so much fun doing it!  

We were in line for about 45 minutes to enter the area in front of the stage when the security guard said the area was full. He asked the line to follow him to the overflow area. We turned around and started following him as he led us in a civilized, single-file line to the next area. As we passed the people in line behind us, however, everyone suddenly broke out in an all-out sprint to the overflow area! So much for our place in line! What a bunch of crazies! Lauren and I took off running with the pack. This was the view we ended up with. haha!

We had so much fun though! Thanks, Lauren, for such a fun morning.




Comments

Haha! What a blast!! I had so much fun this morning! I am so glad someone was willing to be crazy with me and go do something on my life checklist:)
p.s. I've been chuckling all day when I see that picture of us-I just think of what the guy who took it said..."It's REALLY close..." haha!
Andrea said…
I would've LOVED to see Coldplay there! I'm a huge nerd and follow them on Twitter and I'm so excited for their new album. Jealous!!
Ali Snow said…
I'm sad that the week we'll be there Matt will be away doing "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?" Way to seize the day and do something crazy but fun!
Mike and Kim said…
I totally watched that concert the other morning! So Jealous that you got to be there!
shelby said…
i seriously looked for you, no joke. i was watching it and thinking, man ashley, who has no job yet, better be there!
Casey said…
How fun!! We need to come say Hi to you guys sometime!!

Popular Posts