Life Curve Balls & City Slickers




















Well, we’re off on another adventure.  Someday we’ll have a normal life with a yard, a mortgage, kids, and some sort of consistency with a shelf life of over two years.  But for now we’re just your average twenty-seven-year-old nomads (Am I supposed to put dashes between all of those words? I never got that part of English down.  I’m sure my mother with call me and set me straight).  

The universe apparently thinks it’s a hilarious scheme to throw life curveballs at me and Blair.  Instead of  attending medical school in the historical, charming, and relatively clean city of Washington D.C. like we planned, Blair attended school on an island the size of my high school auditorium.   

 Now we’re headed to a place that is the exact opposite of our slow-paced Caribbean life…New York City.  We got the notification a few weeks ago, much earlier than we anticipated mind you, which included the lovely memo that we had seven days to get our affairs in order and be ready to start in the hospital on day eight.   I may or may not have sent a death threat to the admin people at St. George’s University.  Why everything has to be so darn last minute is beyond me. 

Anyway, we’re officially New Yorkers! 

Can you believe it?

Neither can we. 

Stay tuned for all sorts of adventures which are sure to include me barfing from the smell of the subway, getting to know lots of interesting people, making new friends, getting new jobs, and falling in love with yet another place. 

I love life.  And I’m so glad I get to go through all of these curveballs with the man of my dreams.

P.S. 

We’ll be living in Brooklyn with a spare bedroom, so visitors are welcome! 
Seriously, you guys.  All of you who promised to come to the Caribbean and never did…well, we’re not gonna let it slide this time.   Come see us!  We’ll be good hosts I promise.

Comments

Maren said…
Are crying toddlers and newborns invited? We'd love to come visit.
Ali Snow said…
I'm so excited for your life in NYC! You'll look back on this time with such great memories.

We REALLY want to come visit. Jonathan served his mission there and I've always wanted to go so anything short of a disaster and we'll come visit. I'm thinking spring...we'll be in touch!
Marci Joy said…
Thrilling! Let's get together! Please let us know if we can help with move in.
Kandyce said…
How exciting!! I'm soo happy for you and Blair. Keep the city warm and cozy for me before I move there next year. You'll have to tell me all the hot spots etc. Can't wait to hear what NYC brings to you and Blair! xo
Laurie said…
When you do have a normal life with a yard, a mortgage, and kids you will look back at this time with such fondness.

Enjoy!!

Popular Posts