I Heart New York

After the rain stopped yesterday I threw my camera in my bag, double checked that my metro card was in my wallet, filled up a water bottle, and ventured into Manhattan. Blair was at the hospital and my brain was tired of the nauseating appropriated self-boasting from resume writing. I wanted to take pictures of people rather than sites, but I was worried an ornery New Yorker would think I was creepy.

So I went to Radio City and Rockefeller Plaza. 



















Ate a DELICIOUS peach cobbler at Magnolias. I'm kind of sick of cupcakes.



















Walked in and quickly out of Saks Fifth Avenue. Everyone in there made me feel like I should have been wearing dress slacks and pumps. My nappy Kean travel shoes and humidity terrorized hair made me look homeless.
























I went to the beautiful and peaceful St. Patrick's Cathedral. I'm not Catholic. But as I looked down the pews beside me and saw people reverently on their knees, my heart filled like a balloon. In a noisy city, people were quietly thinking about Jesus and no matter our differences, just thinking about him all together is a magnificent thing.

Add caption

























I'm falling in love with this place. I'm NOT falling in love with the earthquake that we experienced the other day and the hurricane expected to hit the city this weekend.

On a happy note, I had a job interview this morning.

And a local photography studio said they would call me to second shoot some weddings in September.

Have a happy weekend!

Comments

Marci Joy said…
Stay dry and safe this weekend! Welcome to NYC!
-Kelsey Coghill said…
so beautiful and true about the Catholic church! I'm glad you're having fun!
mccall said…
gorgeous, gorgeous pictures! exciting news!!! job interview AND a photography studio is going to have you second shoot a wedding! congratulations!!!

be safe this weekend.

p.s. tannon and i have started discussing when we are coming to visit.
Marci said…
it all looks so chic and idyllic! love being able to feel like i'm a part of your wonderful adventures through your cute blog.
Marci said…
P.S. these comments are by me- Marce, i'm just logged into my other email...ha! hope i didn't confuse you. maybe you didn't even notice. in which case, pretend i never said anything :) HUG.

Popular Posts