Is Blogging Scrapbooking? {A philosphical recap}

The truth is, I’m really bad at this blogging thing. My relationship with the blogosphere is tumultuous to say the least. I relish in the fact that I can write about anything I want, but I hate the nagging I constantly feel to keep this cyber real estate a place where I record our recent happenings. It feels too similar to scrap booking and we all know my general lack of patience with “crafty” things makes scrap booking as appealing to me as stabbing a toothpick in my eye. Just thinking about all the cutting, gluing, and organizing gives me a migraine.

So.

I’m sorry I’ve been absent. We’ve been busy. And I’m struggling to catch up on our recent happenings.

At the beginning of July, the Holding family went up to McCall, Idaho for our annual family reunion. We camped at the Ponderosa State Park for five days and enjoyed playing at the lake, strolling around the charming town of McCall, playing games, riding bikes, and telling stories around the campfire. It was such a memorable trip! I can’t wait to see where we go next year.

My mom managed to convince me to take our family pictures while we were there. Remind me not to take pictures of my entire immediate family in the near future. We got through it just fine, but taking a picture while thirty-two of your family members screech out their opinionated murmurings is enough to make anyone consider posting their camera on eBay.  As a side note, Blair couldn’t come to the reunion, so we had to photoshop him into the family picture. Haha! I know it looks goofy. Be nice.

fam-web

Grandboys-1-web

Grandgirls-1-web

Kids-1-web

mom-and-dad-1-web

Kears-&-Fam-web

Kami-Family-2-web

Kolette-Family-web

Linz-Fam-web

Linz-&-Gracie-web

Missy-&-Trav-Family-3-web

mom-and-dad-1

Blair took his Step 1 Boards on July 12th! Yay! He doesn’t get his scores for another couple of weeks, but I am immensely proud of him. He studied so hard for the last several months and I’m confident his diligence will pay off. He’s a great example to me of persistence in everything he does and I know that quality will make him a terrific physician someday.

Since Blair finished his test, we’ve been playing like children every day. He goes golfing 2-3 times a week and we head up to the lake to wakeboard more frequently than our sunburned skin would prefer. We’ve loved having barbecues with high school friends, getting together with Grenada friends, playing with our nieces and nephews, going to movies (Harry Potter was amazing by the way. Blair and I both were crying - he won't admit that though), and shopping. We’re just trying to soak up our life of leisure until we get our clinical rotations placement in the next few weeks. Then Blair will start working in the hospital, I’ll start working full time again, we’ll move across the country, and our life of limbo and laziness will cease to exist.

Comments

Reece said…
I'm glad that Blair is done with his big test and that you guys are having fun and enjoying being around family and friends!! we miss you on the island! take care, good luck with everything, and stay in touch! :-D
Ali Snow said…
You all look too beautiful to be camping.
KO said…
Great photos and great location! Such a beautiful family.
Laurie said…
I love the photos! What a beautiful family!
The Caldwells said…
your family is SO BEAUTIFUL! (i'm grateful that one of mine is added to your bunch) love ya ash
anne said…
O my goodness! I LOVE the pictures. You've edited them fantastically. I must say, if you ever come visit your sister down south again PLEASE contact me. I would LOVE to have you take my family pictures. I'm SERIOUS!

Popular Posts