Dear Journal....I'm A Slacker, I Know

Be forewarned....

You're about to get a string of three month detail-less catch up blog posts intended for journaling purposes. 

Sorry to bore the masses.  You can close this window tab if you'd like.  I'll let you know when I'm back in business again.  Here we go...

We're going on a field trip back to March, folks. For my birthday in March, my friends and sweet husband made it an extra special day.  My girlfriends threw me a surprise breakfast birthday brunch on Friday and then Stef and Lyndz and I went out that night to Aquarium for delicious food and some much needed girl time.  On my actual birthday, we had our midterm social on the beach.  We had a great time eating, playing on the beach, and wakeboarding and tubing behind a boat in the ocean.  Blair surprised me that night with a beautiful beach-side candle-lit dinner at La Luna.  My seminary co-teacher and dear friend, Danielia, that I've been training for the last few months showed up at the beach with a beautiful birthday surprise present she and the seminary kids had put together.  I feel so grateful for such wonderful friends and a sweetheart of a man to share another year of life with.

I was going to post a pretty picture of us sitting at La Luna dining over French cheeses, but I don't want to give you false ideas of beauty and perfection.  This is really what our "romantic" night looked like.  Blair looked away from the table for five seconds and I massacred the dessert.










 Aquarium girls night with my besties.  I love these two girls so much.













Me and Danielia at a seminary activity.  I'm going to miss my her so much.  She has made seminary so much fun these past couple of months.  I instantly feel happier when I pick her up in the morning for class.  The kids adore her, I adore her, and my heart is going to break when I say goodbye to her in a few weeks.














 Danielia and I thrive off of making absolute fools of ourselves in front of these teenagers.  They just have no idea how cool we truly are.

















Seminary Graduation is coming up this Friday.  I'm so proud of these kids.  I had to document the boys cleaning the dishes in this picture.  This might not seem like a big deal, but men cleaning the dishes in Grenada is not a common sight.  We're trying to teach these boys to not only be courageous in choosing the right, but to be the kind of men that wash the dishes instead of standing idly by and watching the women do it.  I love these kids so much.  I'm getting all teary just typing this dang it. 

Comments

Laurie said…
I love the "real" pictures! It looks like you killed your dessert!

Popular Posts