Visitors Are Welcome

Last weekend Blair's brother Ryan came to visit! We were so happy he came, even though his trip was cut short due to a delayed flight. We picked him up late Friday night and had dinner at Aquarium Restaurant. I of course ordered the goat cheese and bacon wrapped pork medallions and the guys got the Jerk Chicken dish.  I was going to post a picture of us after our meal, but my pride failed me.  I have a ginormous vein sticking out of my forehead in the picture.  I can practically see a whole pork medallion protruding out of my head. You can click the link above to see what the restaurant looks like :)  I know you're dying of curiosity here.
Ryan-Trip-3

On Saturday we woke up and hiked up around Grand Etang National Forest.

Ryan-Trip-5
 Ok, so it wasn't much of a hike.  We wore our flip flops and hiked up to the lowest look-out.  What can we say?  Ryan's a successful dentist.  We didn't want him to fall on his hand and destroy his future livelihood...I love blaming my lack of ambition on my house guests :)  Anyway, we took a picture of a lady with flowers on her head.  I think she just hurried and put this basket on her head when she saw tourists coming down the road.  Then she asked us for money to take a picture of her. haha! These Grenadians crack me up. 

Ryan-Trip-2
We showed Ryan downtown St. George.
Ryan-Trip-1
And then went on a boat cruise with this man at the helm. 
Ryan-Trip-8
We toured the western coast of the island and snorkeled at three different bays.  This was the best snorkeling we've done in Grenada so far.  We saw a HUGE barracuda, a trumpet fish, hundreds of fluorescent colored fish, and beautiful coral.  Two other men were on our little cruise with us, an Austrian man and a Norwegian man.  They were so fun to talk to.  I love the way Europeans enjoy life and enjoy traveling the world.  The Austrian man asked me how many weeks of paid vacation I get per year back in the States.  I told him two at the most.  He replied by telling me that the government there demands that each worker get at least five weeks of paid vacation per year!!! Can you imagine?!! He told me to demand six weeks of paid vacation when I go back home and start interviewing for jobs.  I told him my future employer would laugh me out of town.  
Ryan-Trip-6
This picture doesn't do it justice, but we also saw  one of the largest private sailing yachts in the world.  It's owned by movie and media billionaire, Barry Miller husband of fashion designer Diane von Fürstenberg.
Ryan-Trip-7

We sailed around the carenage.
Ryan-Trip-10
Snorkeled some more.  I love Blair's face in this picture! He looks so happy.
Ryan-Trip-13

Ryan-Trip-16

On Sunday we went to church in the morning, went to the beach, had a barbecue at our house, and then went for a sunset walk through our neighborhood.  This is my favorite part of our neighborhood. 

Here's my first attempt at video on my camera.  It's short so you won't get nauseated by my shaky hands :)


Thanks for coming to visit, Ryan!! We love you!!
Ryan-Trip-14

Comments

Reece said…
Sounds like you guys had a fun-filled few days! Glad that you were able to have some family down! Love the video! :-D

Popular Posts