Finding Goodness



A few months ago I was reading a scripture in the Doctrine & Covenants section 11 that says something to the effect of

"If you desire, you shall be the means of doing much good in this generation..."

It seems like a fairly simple scripture, but for some reason it made me start thinking a lot about what my desires were. I started to evaluate my goals and aspirations and soon recognized that most of my desires had to do with my personal success and very few of them had to do with helping others. The thought occurred to me that I needed to start thinking about how I could use my talents to bless the lives of others. After a few brainstorms with some fellow S.O.'s and after confronting some serious opposition to this project, we finally launched TAKE A PICTURE. BUILD A FUTURE.

It's a project focused on providing affordable professional photography for students and donating 100% of the proceeds to local orphanages. I hope we can raise a lot of money with this project and help some of these kids in need. I'm grateful for local photographers who are volunteering their time and talents. I'm grateful for the people that have already signed up and I hope that people will continue to participate in this great cause.

Comments

Unknown said…
I adore this idea and would totally jump on board if I were there.

In fact, maybe you should look into collaborating with other photographers not in Grenada to expand your program. It's brilliant and I know so many people who would love to participate.
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful project! Congrats on getting it off the ground!
Laurie said…
Very cool Ashley!! I need to think about others more. Thanks for reminding me!
Angie said…
I think you are a rockstar. Seriously.
Marce said…
go Ash! i always knew you'd change the world :)

Popular Posts