Bieber Fever

The legend goes that my grandmother used to tell her girls that they ought to always have their rooms so tidy that their dates could come take a peak inside the door and not be embarrassed. Oh to live in 1960's suburbia... My grandmother would roll over in her grave if she saw my house tonight. I have a pile of laundry the size of china on my guest bed. The dishes are a towering balance of modern art and the stuffy smell that accompanies sickness is choking the oxygen out of the rooms.

Did I mention that Blair has dengue fever?

Oh yeah. Minor detail.

Dengue fever is a viral infection transmitted via mosquitoes. They used to call it breaking bones disease back in the day because in severe cases you feel like every bone in your body is going to snap. Lovely, isn't it?

Symptoms are flu-like and can include high fever, nausea, vomiting, body aches, and headache. Blair has had an off and on again fever of around 103 for the last three days. He wears sweaters around all day while I walk around naked in this blasted heat. Watching your sweetheart sleep all day and sweat through the night in pain is horrible. I feel so bad and I wish I could make him more comfortable. Hopefully this will pass soon.

In other news, I've been busy lately babysitting for a family three times a week, attending S.O. organization meetings and events, working on a cool charity photography project, and teaching seminary. I helped my good friend Stef out with Young Women's camp for three days last week. I wrote one page in my first novel and haven't written anymore since. I had a job interview over the phone today. And tomorrow I'm going to clean my house. I promise, Grandma.

xoxo,

ash

P.S. I may or may not have two Justin Bieber songs on my ipod. Feels good to get that off my chest. Blair thinks I'm a pedophile.

Comments

Krista said…
I'll admit it, I also have a Justin Bieber song on my iPod. 'Baby' is just so catchy. I sure hope Blair gets better soon and good luck with the novel. If it is half as entertaining as reading your blog it will be a chart topper for sure.
Willis Family said…
Tell Blair we are thinking of him and the kids said a prayer that he would get better soon.
By the way, you should see Tyler singing to some of those songs. It is loud! :)
Reece said…
Hope Blair feels better!! I heard of my nieces and nephews play Bieber so much over the summer that I am pretty much Bieber-ed out!
Laurie said…
I hope Blair gets better soon! That sounds like the pits.
Dang fever, Blair!!! :-((( You're in our prayers!!!
Ash, what kind of novel are you writing? Can't wait to read it!
XOXO

Popular Posts