The Update You Didn't Know You Wanted

What have we been up to lately you ask? Well, actually you didn't ask but I could tell you were going to... We're officially settled into our third house while living here in Grenada. I know, I'm a real estate hussy. I can't help it - I tend to like a frequent change of scenery and we needed an extra room where Blair could study. It's a cute little duplex - our friends Jerod & Stef live on the upper floor and we live down below. We have such a fun time with them. Their little girl, Emma, comes down to my house almost every morning and taps on my door. She loves being put to work cleaning my floors or helping me cook. I adore that little midget so much.
New House

This is our lovely (and out of focus) street :)

Our Street

The greatest part about our new place is included in the rent, a cleaning lady comes once a week to make the place spic and span.

House 2

My beds are always made when she comes, but she always shakes out the sheets and re-makes the beds. I don't know how she makes them look so crisp and perfect, but I love it!!

House 1

And yes, we did push two twin beds together to make a ginormous bed for our master bedroom. I know...we're pretty classy.

House 4

I should have put the Ajax, dirty dish rag, and to do lists away before snapping this picture... Oh well.

House 3

In other news, I went with Vanessa & Analee last week to the market downtown.

Market Girls

We smelled all of the spices. After all, Grenada is known as the "Spice Isle".

Market Spices

We bought beautiful fruits.

Market Fruit

This picture just embodies Grenada so much. An old grandmother working at the market, holding her sleeping grandchild...

Market Mother

And that's enough for now. That's a little bit of what we've been up to lately.

Comments

Ali Snow said…
Do all of these places come furnished? Or are you really moving 3 beds everywhere you go? And why are you making the bed before the cleaning lady comes? You guys look so happy in Grenada and I can't get over beautiful it is there!
Ashley said…
Thankfully they all come furnished :) Otherwise, we wouldn't be moving this much. haha. I feel embarrassed if I don't tidy up a bit before the cleaning lady comes! I don't want her to think I'm a total slob. She might gossip about me with her cleaning friends ;)
Mike and Kim said…
Your new house is so cute! What a beautiful place to live. Wish I could come and visit, must be nice living in a tropical climate! :)
Krista said…
Your new house looks adorable and it comes with a maid! Woohoo!
Laurie said…
I wish I lived above you so that I could send my girls to your house every morning. Then I could go back to bed ;)

Nice house, and you can't beat a weekly cleaning!
Maria said…
Ash I love your new place. Funny, I always used to ride the bus and I loved that house and I keept telling Matt I wanted to move there. Hope you are doing well!
Richards Fam said…
okay so I know my comment on this is way late but seriously? I thought I was the best thing about the new place! All joking aside, I told you, you would love Christine. She is awesome!!

Popular Posts