France Ruined My Life

When our plane arrived north of Paris, we hopped in our rental car equipped with a very useful GPS and headed west to Normandy. We ignored the GPS directions and stopped on a quaint little street for brunch. I must preface the France section of the trip by telling you that I honestly gained ten pounds there. I kid not. Those French people are incapable of creating any food that tastes anything less than irresistible. Every bakery has the most beautiful displays of colorful, delicious pastries for your eyes to gaze upon. And the smell of buttery, crisp bread swirls through the air leaving you in a near comatose state. For the rest of my life, every piece of food that enters my mouth will just never compare to the food we ate in France. France pretty much ruined my life. Thanks a lot.

We first headed to Normandy. It was such a beautiful ride through the green French countryside. I feel bad for people who go to France and only see Paris. The people, the food, and the scenery throughout the outskirts of France are amazing.

Normandy and Omaha Beach was a sacred experience for us. We don't have direct relatives that died in the war, but the tears streamed down our cheeks as we read the stories and touched the graves of those who sacrificed their lives. I am proud to be an American.

I'm too lazy to share some of the funny stories from France, so I'll leave that for tomorrow. In the meantime, here are some pictures of the French chapter. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Comments

Reece said…
Ashley, I am loving your posts about your trip!! The pictures are amazing!
Laurie said…
SUCH great pictures, and I love your wavy hair.
Casey said…
Oh Ashley!! I am so jealous of your beautiful rendezvous in Europe!! It looks like it was so much fun! You look so beautiful in your blue scarf, by the way! I love reading your blog and hearing all your fun stories! So fun!

Popular Posts