Bury Me In Florence

The thing about Italy is you simply can't believe that you're standing in the middle of an ancient civilization that helped to mold so much of our way of thinking today. I learned more about history in four days in Italy than I did during four years at BYU. Sad, but true...

The Colosseum was amazing
Blair Colosseum

I could sit in the Roman Forum for hours and not get sick of the ancient rubble. I can't believe we still have these building remnants today!
Roman Forum View

Roman Forum

Forum Columns

Vatican City was impressive and nauseating at the same time. I'm not sure why.
Vatican City

Trevi Fountain was romantic...
Trevi Fountain

But for all of your history, Rome, nothing compares to the giddiness that Florence brought to my collection of stomach butterflies. Please bury me in Florence, children. With a bucket of gelatto in my hands.
Florence Tower View

Florence Tower View 2

Florence Sunset

Gelatto

Comments

Unknown said…
I heart Florence. When Shelby and I were in Italy, practically all we ate was gelato. We went to the same gelato place in Rome probably 8 or 9 times in one day, and the guy working there was like, "You? AGAIN?" It's just so good! (Also it was too hot to eat anything else.)
Erin said…
I'm right there with you when it comes to Florence!! I feel in love...can't wait to go back someday

Popular Posts