Girls Night > Beaches > Foxes







Last night we had a girls night at Victory Bar & Grill. It's a lovely outdoor restaurant in the port, surrounded by a rainbow of lights reflecting on the water and a steel drum band playing in the background. The company was hilarious and enjoyable as always. I feel so blessed to have gotten to know so many wonderful girls here. We lean on each other when we're getting island fever (metaphorically and literally). We talk each other through the good and bad days and provide a sense of support as we go through the crazy medical school life with our husbands.

In other news I'm going to be on the SO Board during the fall term. Another girl and I will be the social coordinators. This nomination was a bit ironic considering I wasn't able to attend very many social events this last year. But I'm excited for the challenge and I hope it will help me to get out of my comfort zone and stay busy next term when I'm not working.

Blair is just studying hard for finals. I'm so proud of him and his dedication to being a good student. He's going to be one smart and handsome physician I must say :)

Sometimes I feel bad that I'm here:


While he's wracking his brain here:
SGU Building 1
But then I think about the school loans we'll be paying off around the same time that we're picking out the headstones for our graves and I don't feel so guilty. I might as well enjoy the journey, right?

Speaking of enjoying...

We just watched this delightful film and laughed our fox tails off. I loved this! And I'm pretty sure the phrase, "What the cuss?!!" is going to be a regular phrase of mine from now on. Fantastic movie.


That's all, folks. Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Maria said…
Oh my goodness...this post makes me miss you gals so much and Grenada too. Ash, keep enjoying the island because there is so much to miss once you come home. Congrats to being the volunteer coordinator. You are going to love it and you will be great at it. I want to go back to the island :(
Hale-O There said…
So glad you are somewhere beautiful while Blair is studying away. I went to Puerto Rico to visit my cuz (whos hubby is in med school) anyways that one week at the beach got me through the cold UT winter. Live it up while you can!

ps Love the alphabet game, and that you still play it;)
Laurie said…
I want to come and visit you! Maybe I will...if you let me. Its about time for a break.
Ashley said…
Please come, Laurie!!!! Are you being serious? We would have such a fun time!
Reece said…
"What the cuss?" I bought this movie for the kids from downtown... I didn't realize it was adult humor until we watched it!
Mike and Kim said…
It's so nice to make good friends when you live far away from home and family. It looks like it's so beautiful there! I do bet you get Island fever though. I went to BYU Hawaii for one whole summer and by the end of that I had Island fever. Good luck to Blair on Finals!
Paige said…
Loved loved loved that "Fantastic Mr. Fox!" Such a great movie!
Kara O said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara O said…
Hi Ashley
I am not sure if you will get this, but I wanted to tell you I think you have an amazing blog :) My boyfriend is living in Grenada for Med school while I am back in Orlando hoping the days go by quickly so I can see him again soon. Your blog makes me feel much closer to him and Grenada so THANK YOU! Just wanted to tell you I think your blog is great!!

Kara Wright

Popular Posts