Serenade Me This



Ashley: That's when I knew I was going to marry you.

Blair: When?

Ashley: When I didn't feel embarrassed to sing in front of you.

Blair: You mean... you only felt kind of embarrassed? You should feel just a little embarrassed.

Yep. He gets dish cleaning duty for a week now...

But seriously, I think that's when "I KNEW". Some people have remarkable revelations or experiences that lead them to know someone is their soul mate. I knew Blair was the one for me when I didn't feel a bit ashamed to serenade him with the Coca-Cola Classic song with unparalleled enthusiasm. He just laughed along with me and loved me even more for my weirdness. Do you know what song I'm talking about?

Is this mic on?

"Coca-Cola Classic it's always the one...whenever there is fun there's always Coc - a - Cola..."

Despite having almost no singing abilities, Lindsay and I used to practice singing the Coke song and the national anthem almost daily. Don't judge - we were small town folk. Our only other entertainment options were floating down the river or trying to ride the goats out in the field. We filled up a couple of "Talk Boy" tapes recording our scratchy twelve-year-old vibratos, fully confident that we'd either be rocking out in red leather pants on a Coca-Cola commercial someday or singing The Star Spangled Banner at the Superbowl. Either way....we were headed for the big time.

But here I am today. Still an average singer that won't even get the guts to sing in the church choir, with a husband that still laughs and unabashedly belts out the songs with me while we cook in the kitchen or drive in the car. And I think to myself....singing goofy songs with you is so much better than being in a commercial .

Love you.

Comments

LOL!! Ash, I always hold my breath when you post, wondering what childhood secret you're going to reveal!! :-)))))

Blair....we were SO good! It may not seem like much now....but in our childhood prime, we were headed straight for Carbon County stardom! :-)

keep practicing, Ash! XOXO
Paige said…
Pretty sure I practiced the National Anthem with Lindsay too! As well as the coca cola song.

Good times!
Paige said…
And with me, I knew Mike was the one when we went on a hike up Adam's Canyon and I started singing girls camp songs, and he let me teach him and actually sang some with me. He denies it now, but it happened and that's when I knew!

Popular Posts