Wardrobe Faux Pas

It's one o'clock in the morning.

I'm sitting alone in my parent's basement sporting a bright pink hoodie, tacky pajama pants, thick socks, and a beanie with a yarn ball on top. My freshly washed face is shiny and my glasses are giving me a slight headache as they pinch between my skin and the tight beanie. I'm not exactly a spectacle of bedtime beauty this evening. But one must dress in this attire to survive the frosty temperatures in my parent's house. I kid you not, when my siblings bring their children to sleep here, I see them having serious-faced conversations with their spouses about if their little ones will wake up with frostbite. It's not that my parents can't pay the heating bill. It's not that they're trying to save Mother Earth one heating bill at a time either. It's that my kooky mother can't sleep with the sound of the heater humming through the walls. Bless her quirky soul. It's a miracle we haven't all frozen to death.

Speaking of funny outfits...

I had a splendid weekend sleeping over with the kidlets and running around town with my sister. Saturday with her brood consisted of throwing on a mismatched cargo pant, sketchers shoes, and hooded jacket outfit with wet slicked-back hair. First we headed to Jacob's basketball game, made lunches, sat around the campfire at Sundance while feeding hungry skiers, ran some errands, and then decided to kill an hour at the mall before heading to a house showing.

By the time we walked into the mall, the two babies were missing their socks and shoes. Sariah was walking in her wool socks and ski bibs with damp disheveled hair. Nathan was awkwardly trying to walk in his ski boots since we didn't bring his regular shoes. I looked like a granola forest ranger with my aforementioned outfit nicely paired with a diaper filled backpack strapped on my back.

Right as Kami and I got done laughing about how homeless our crew looked and how we hoped we wouldn't run into anyone we knew, my friend Brittany spotted me and yelped my name from behind. Good gravy. I don't know how I manage to run into my most gorgeous friends when I look like this. It was good to see her though and catch up a bit. I joked about my forest ranger outfit and she nicely tried to say how she looked like one too. As she walked away with her gorgeous blonde curls bouncing down her back, Kami looked at me and said "She doesn't look like a forest ranger."

Oh the joys of wardrobe malfunctions and social faux pas. Have a wonderful week, everyone!

Comments

Laurie said…
Umm, I thought I was your most gorgeous friend. Clearly that was a typo.
I can't stop laughing!! What you just described is more like an everyday occurance for me though! hehe
Ah, I miss you guys!!
mccall said…
of ALL people to run into, it would be Brittany. the girl sleeps with lip gloss on, for crying out loud.
Blair said…
You'd be one hot forest ranger.
Marce said…
i stink like beef and cheese right now- and i just got back from the grocery store. i feel bad for whoever was behind me in line.
and then i came home and read this. and thought- let us forest rangers unite!!! you're cute. thanks for making me smile tonight and always :)

xoxo
pals said…
Gees compared to you, I feel like a forest ranger every day. Great post.

Popular Posts