So Long, Lover



And then he left me and headed off to some tropical island to do who knows what for fifteen days without me.

I've enjoyed the gingerbread, the twinkling lights, the cooing babies, and the cottony snow...but I must say this vacation turkey is nearly charred. The magic is over and only a handful of straggling pine needles are wedged in the corners of the carpet. Just a few more days of work and some items to check off the list and I'll be headed after my abandoning lover.

In no particular order:
  • Eat some scrumptious Cafe Rio pork one last time
  • Get together with girlfriends
  • Sit and chat with my marmie at dialysis
  • Stock up on toiletries that will be shockingly overly priced in Grenada
  • Buy Photoshop and other instructive tools to help me know what in San Pete I'm doing with this new camera
  • Go to the temple and remember what's important
  • Get together with any other friend that misses me (these people really don't exist - I'm just making this up so I feel better about my life)
  • Have a sleepover with my nieces and nephews
  • Take Dad to eat sushi

Comments

Blair said…
Don't forget to Skype-me every day! This place is empty with you not here. Come back soon! Love you.
You are so cute Ashley! I've missed your blog...keep posting! Oh by the way I have a recipe for cafe rio pork and salad dressing so I can make them at home for a lot less. It requires cooking pork for 16 hours in a crock pot but it tastes so much better then the real thing! If you want it I can pass it on to you.
Kalli said…
We can knock #1 and #2 out in one shot if you'll just commit to a day and time. Sheesh!
Zane and Lexi said…
oh ashley, so sorry you have to be apart from blair again.... no fun! but I will say we're so excited for your return. let's just say blair rescued us when we arrived on the island - oh, grenada!
P.S. your list of items is already making me wish I bought that last french fry in the JFK airport! have fun :)
Hey Ash..what day are you flying back to Grenada? We're flying there on the 13th. Sorry you have to be away from Blair again, but you'll be together again before you know it. Miss you!
Laurie said…
ohhh, Blair's comment is so cute.

I like the part of your post that mentions pine needles in the carpet. So true.

And if you are visiting friends, you should come see me I think.
mccall said…
Psht... I wish I was in Utah so that I could see your beautiful face! I MISS you!

Oh and I got a camera for Christmas, too! Can we learn together? Will you Skype me sometime? Please? I want to see you.
Lyndzee said…
Hey wonderful woman! Enjoy these last few days, it seems that mine have gone by way too fast. But I know the longing for the hubby feeling and would hug you while you are waiting if I could. Blow Grenada a kiss for me and we will see you in a few months!
Brittany said…
Hey girlie! I'm going to see Jaci today and you mentioned you may want to come. We are actually going to meet for lunch at my parents if you want to come. :-) Call me or email me, I can't figure out how to get ahold of you. I assume you don't have your old cell phone. Can't wait to see you!!!!!

Popular Posts