Dear Jason Bourne


I just got home from hanging out with this man. His mother called him Ron. The mean boys at school called him Scrawny Ronny. I call him Dad.

We watched The Bourne Ultimatum together tonight, finishing our Bourne marathon that we've been running for the past couple of days. I like watching action movies with my dad. He secretly wishes he was a covert CIA operative instead of a power plant worker, but he takes solace in the fact that he probably packs better heat than most agents do.

I love the Bourne movies, due in part to my crush on Jason Bourne, but also because when I watch them I actually think that I can do what he's doing. I visualize myself running like a speeding bullet. I start believing that if someone broke into my house I could slide with my back against the wall and confidently point my Glock at the intruder. I think that I in fact know karate.

But then my eyes unpeal from the television and my ankle pops as I walk to the refrigerator. And my mind unfortunately remembers two occasions when I bawled my face off at the shooting range because the loud noises scared me. You probably assumed I was a child when this happened. Unfortunately this was a year ago.

So here's to you, Jason Bourne.

Thank you for figuring out that you are David Webb.

Thanks for not crying at the gun shots like I do.

And P.S. I'm real sorry about your girlfriend.

Comments

Maria said…
We love the Bourne movies. Matt is a wannabe Jason Bourne. At times, he tells me he should have been a private agent(like Bourne) instead of a doctor. He seems to believe we've had a Bourne life...living in England and in the Caribbean. I think a 4th Bourne movie is coming out next year....we can't wait to see it. Miss you!
Krista said…
Who doesn't want to be Jason Bourne...gorgeous and good with guns.
Laurie said…
yeah, I'm sorry about the girlfriend too.

Loved your post, especially the ankle popping part. Oh, and the part about crying at the gun range. Classic.
Andrew said…
I just had a Bourne marathon with my Dad! Top-notch action.
Brett said…
Jason Bourne > Jack Bauer (his ankles pop too). The Bourne movies are at the top of my favorites list.
Blair said…
Jason Bourne= Blair Willis in Ashley's fantasies
Anonymous said…
Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Popular Posts