Grateful

Our Thanksgiving festivities are going to be a bit delayed this year. In order to accommodate our husband's busy school schedules, we're waiting until Sunday to have our Thanksgiving Feast. So even though the turkey isn't roasting in the oven today and there are no pumpkin pies in sight, I'd like to show thanks.

I'm grateful to know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who sent me to earth with a purpose and a plan to help me become more like Him.


I'm grateful to be married to the love of my life who makes my life magical.


I'm grateful that God guided our decisions to move to this beautiful island. For a long time we felt like something was pulling us to Grenada even when other options were available, and I think we are starting to understand part of our purpose here.


I'm grateful to have a wonderful family full of my best friends.


I'm grateful for these wonderful seminary students who faithfully get up early in the morning to come to my class (nevermind the fact that I have to yank some of them out of bed - more on this topic later). I love their guts and I know they're going to grow up to be amazing individuals. They already are.


I'm grateful to be an American and for all that citizenship means. I'm grateful for the freedoms our forefathers fought to defend. I'm grateful for my ability to work hard and be rewarded for it. I'm grateful for my limitless access to knowledge. I'm grateful for the ability to achieve. I am proud to be an American.



May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see some of you next week when I come home to Utah for the holidays!! Yippppeeee!

Love,

me.

Comments

Arien said…
Those are all great things to be thankful for! When do you go home for Christmas? Hope to see you!
Anonymous said…
nice post. thanks.

Popular Posts