Dear Reader

Every once in a while on a lazy Saturday morning (a type of morning that happens far more often than I care to admit) I like to take a peek at how people discover my 'Diamond Soles' world. I like to see what the random person in Uzbekistan searched for to land on my dorky blog. One of my favorites this morning was the person that Googled the following phrase:

"What will happen if I walk like there are diamonds on the soles of my shoes?"

How cute is that? I want to meet this person and eat lunch. I don't really have the answer to their question, but we could talk about the life-changing principle of believing that your circumstance is entirely more sparkly than it seems. Unfortunately, I'm quite positive that my sarcastic, irreverent, and embarrassingly revealing blog most likely scared the bajeezers out of this innocent and curious mind. It's sad really.

Another potential friendship bites the dust.

Second on the list this morning was someone who searched for 'teenagers with headgear'. This search made me downright sad. I can just picture the scraggly thirteen-year-old in Arkansas who sat down at her computer this morning with her headgear still pushing her chin out, exposing the brace-clad teeth behind the contraption. She sat down this morning in search of hope, a friend, or a support group that would help her to see the light at the end of the hellish teenage tunnel. I'm sad to say that all she found was a story about peeing the bed, being tortured by a big sister, and then growing up to be a total weirdo.

If there's any chance that you're still reading this, little miss Arkansas, there is hope. Not all teenagers who wear headgear turn out as weird as me. There's still hope for you, little one. You're going to be fine.

With love,

the author of this here blog.

Comments

mccall said…
you are seriously so cute. i hope that more people google things that make them land on your blog. i think everyone needs to read it!

how do you find out what people google to find your blog?????
Maria said…
How in the world do you know how people come to your blog? Oh Ash, you are so wise. These words are so encouraging. I hope those two people find comfort in your words.
Ashley I think the little girl in Arkansas saw your picture and saw how happy you are and what a great life you have and thought...there is hope for me! Everyone is weird sorry to break it to you so all in all it just makes you normal! Trust me...growing up I was the one in my family to say "I'm the werid on in the family"
Oh Ashley—you are so funny! I just clicked on your name while reading Stephanie's blog to see what's new in your life. Thanks for the giggle!
Anonymous said…
Hey Ashley.. not sure if you remember me from highschool or not.. Malia Collier. Found your blog from a few others, and just love it! It's so fun to read, and I always can count on a laugh! Thank for blogging! Also, thanks for letting me take a peek! :)
Ashley said…
Cally & Maria - I have a sitemeter html code on my blog that counts visitors and tracks where they come from. Lots of different sites provide these blog counters for free. You can go to sitemeter.com or blogcounter.com.
Laurie said…
We were in Utah this weekend for the Alumni meet again. The trip wasn't complete without getting to visit with you guys!
Brandon said…
I wish more people would read my blog. Nothing fun is on there yet, but if I got a good count, I would probably write in it more. I need to have some funny life experiences though. I love reading your blogs and I'm always waiting for the next edition!
shelby said…
best post ever.
Marce said…
i really really like you.
i mean, realllly.

Popular Posts