How We Do

Several people have asked me in overly sympathetic voices what I do all day long while my husband is away at school. This always catches me off guard. I mean I like the guy and all but I'm not exactly sitting in sackcloth and mourning all day long while he's gone. I'm not really sure why people are so concerned. It's surprising, but I actually know how to move my legs when he's gone. It's a modern day miracle.

Here's the gist of what I do.
  • Every morning I go running on the beach with my pal Brittany at 7:30. We're pretty proud of ourselves for sticking to our 4 mile work-out routine. We just started adding a one mile swim to our morning workout two days a week.
  • After eating breakfast with Blair and getting ready for the day, I start working.
  • Overstock.com has been incredibly kind in letting me work remotely from Grenada as a marketing consultant.
  • I work from home for about 5-7 hours, with occasional breaks to run down to the beach and cool off or run to the kitchen to eat Grenadians version of Oreo cookies.
  • There's always something fun to do with the other wives here like swimming at the beach, going to dance classes, volunteering at the orphanage, doing water aerobics, and much more.
  • In my spare time I'm going to be teaching seminary and institute once a week. I can't wait!
And that's what I do, kids. In between blowing my nose and bawling my eyes out because my husband isn't at home with me all day long ;)

Jokes aside, I really do love that guy I married and I look forward to him coming home to our beach bungalow every day. Love you, sweetheart.

Comments

Laurie said…
Hey now, hey now. I wasn't implying that you were missing your husband. I was asking cause I didn't know if you were working or what not. Silly girl.

Brett is really impressed you are swimming. I'm impressed you can run 4 miles and still swim a mile.

Wow, sounds like the life if you ask me.
Ashley said…
You're not the one I was responding to ;) Don't be impressed. We have to take little breaks to walk sometimes and stand up in the water. Plus I have my floaties on :)
anne said…
That sounds like a lot of fun! What classes are you going to be teaching for seminary/institute?
Um...you forgot to add me in that daily routine:-) Your big sis that calls all the time!
mccall said…
Who are you kidding... you don't get ready for the day :)

Please don't get eaten by sharks. The ocean scares the crap out of me. I should really stop watching Shark Week.
pals said…
Wow you can run 4 miles and swim a mile. I am jealous!!! Now I know where you are when you are "away" :)
Ashley said…
Pallavi - my workout takes place at 5:00 your time. When my work status is set to 'away', that's when I'm snarfing down Oreos in my kitchen :)
pals said…
I'll ask you about the Oreos next time you are "away" :) Wish I had your discipline on the workout.
pals said…
I'll ask you about the Oreos next time you are "away" :) Wish I had your discipline on the workout.

Popular Posts