The Buddy System



A wise friend of mine told me before coming here that the best thing I could do was to find a buddy. I've always been a fan of the buddy system. Meet one of my buddies.

Brittany.

This is my running buddy and next door neighbor. She's determined to getting up in the morning to go running, which is exactly what my undisciplined lazy trash needs. Sometimes she has to bang on my doors to make me get up to run in the morning. Poor thing.

She's about the cutest southern thing you've ever seen though. She says things like "What are ya'll doin tonight?" or "I'm fixin to go to the grocery store right now." I absolutely love her southern accent and I must confess that it's rubbing off on me. I don't sound as cool saying ya'll though. It always comes out a bit awkward.

At any rate, I feel grateful today for buddies. I don't know how I would have survived the past month and a half without Brittany and I just love her to pieces. She's probably going to unfriend me after she gets wind of this post devoted to her. Then I'll have to bang on her door and make her hang out with me again.

Comments

That is about the sweetest thing I have ever heard! You are the best, even though I do have to drag you out of bed in the mornings..haha! But I love every second of hanging out with you...we always have a good laugh. I have really found a true friend for life!
Kalli said…
Was that wise friend me? I mean I'm very wise and I say so many wise things I often forget. Anyway, spot on advice whoever said it.

I miss you lady, and am so glad someone is stepping in for the rest of us back here stateside.

Popular Posts