Tagalong


When I was in kindergarten my mom went back to nursing school. She'd actually already completed her schooling, but she was going back for a refresher course before she started working again. Although I was still perfecting my ABC's, she let me tag along with her to night classes. While she scribbled notes on her notepad about white blood cells and pulmonary arteries, I sat along side her and scribbled rubbish. I couldn't even read what she was writing. All I knew was that I might get in trouble if I didn't follow her lead. And so I furiously scribbled rubbish for two hours with her.

Tonight I tagged along with Blair to his medical school orientation. Don't worry, I was in fact the only wife there with her husband. That wasn't embarrassing at all [insert sarcasm here]. I resumed my kindergarten position, sat alongside him, and scribbled.

I've grown so much since kindergarten.

This time around I understood what he was writing.

Dream big, kids. Dream big.

Comments

Mike and Kim said…
I used to tag along with mike to his night class at BYU. I did the same thing!
Laurie said…
Man, you were a really easy kid if you would sit there and scribble for two hours!
Kami Beck said…
Ash--you've always been the dream tagalong! From the earliest days when you had a baba filled with Pepsi to keep you smiling until now! You're awesome! Love Ya!
noelle regina said…
i'll tag a long to grenada ANY day.
maybe you want visitors to help with understanding more of orientation?
Casey said…
I wish I could bring Gabe to something like that. ha! You were a good little gal! I really liked this post! I bet Blair loved having you with him!
pals said…
So am I to assume that you are going to be a CRM Doctor too ;)
-Pallavi
Ashley said…
Good point, Pallavi. Yes. That's a good alternative.

Popular Posts