So You Used To Think You Could Dance


{I'm pretty sure that's not grammatically correct. Chief editor - please check on that}

Tonight I watched a video of a breathtaking contemporary dance routine. After it was over I walked in my kitchen and tried to do a double pirouette. My sweaty feet stuck to the wood floor, my big toe suddenly starting having a seizure, and I ended the spin with a Kamikaze face plant into the kitchen counter. After I checked to make sure that I hadn't broken my nose I frantically closed my curtains, hoping that my neighbors didn't see my obscene display of uncoordinated nonsense. Then I walked over to the fridge, heated up my 5.9 bazillion calorie cheesy chicken casserole, and skulked off to my bedroom to cry.

If we started a reality show called "So You Used To Think You Could Dance", would you try out? It'd be just a bunch of 20-30 year old has beens covered in cellulite striving to relive their dreams. Might be kind of entertaining, yeah?

Let's do it.

Comments

itsybitsyknitsy said…
Awww ahahha. That was cute. I used to take ballet, jazz, modern, and tap from 6-18. I ran out of money when I was 18 and could not longer dance. I am now 32 - could not dance to save my life. It's sad ...
Marce said…
i'm in.

even though i'm not quite sure i even USED to be able to dance.

sigh.

but my bigger problem now is that before i was a little shaky in my dance steps...and now, i'm a little shaky, and most likely won't be able to hold my pee for a double pirouette. a single, mabye. but a double- that's pushin' it. just sayin.
Laurie said…
What about "So You Could Never Dance"?
Brett said…
Sorry, Ashley, I'm too good for that kind of show.
Ashley said…
Lol. I love that idea, Laurie. Marce, I'm sure we can do some special numbers for those who have bladder problems. Brett, if you're too good you can be our judge :)

Done.
Zane and Lexi said…
I think I would qualify! ;)
anne said…
Love it! I'm pretty sure I would be top on that list...blah.
I had a dream about this last night....I had to do a dance in front of A LOT of people...and it didn't go so well. Even my own husband said "I think you should have done a triple pirouette instead of the double." And I'm thinking..I can't even do a single.
And how did you know what a pirouette was :-)

It's a sign...I will be a perfect fit.

I'm in too!

PS: will you make a header for me?? PLEASE!!

Popular Posts