Rotten Moods & Hunger Strikes

I'm in a no good rotten mood today. It has been raining Noah style all day. The bar across the street has been playing the same music at unimaginable decibels for the last hour, and Blair and I are starting to drive each other crazy being cooped up in the house. Earlier today, Blair nonchalantly joked that I never feed him. I of course went into a hormonal tangent about how he doesn't appreciate my cooking. Then I told him I was going on a domestic strike. A hunger strike if you will. Not as altruistic as Ghandi. More on the vindictive side. "He'll see how much he misses my cooking!" I told myself...

About 30 minutes ago my hunger strike ended when I forgot about my rage and asked Blair, "What should we have for dinner?" Dang.

On a brighter side, It's 5:30 pm and I just barely took a shower. (My mom is so embarrassed of me right now) Some children are just lost causes I guess... They don't shower, they don't feed their significant other, and their beach house floors are not swept. It's best to just pray for them.

Here are a few things that have added a little sugar to my rotten day:

1. Skype Video Call with Grace. We have many heart to hearts about diapers, the torture of being weened, and mostly how I'm her favorite aunt. This is her laughing hysterically at my jokes. Who can blame her?

2. A lovely email from my old roommate, Angie. Such a dear...

3. Chocolate Cookies.

Comments

OK, was that the comment about dinner while we were talking?....that's hilarious!!

It's been so fun to talk and SEE you!! I'm going to buzz in everyday, just so you know! XOXO
Jenae said…
Ashley, I am not imagining you as a very good grump! I am thinking that your rotten mood is probably not rotten at all.

I hear you on the rain...I live in Seattle and let me tell you, rain can get the best of you for sure!

I love the porch and your blue chairs. And you're wonder woman for hosting a party at your house already! Sheesh!

I hope your day turns around for you!
Angie said…
I made the blog??? No way, I'm totally famous now. I'd like to thank all of the little people who made this day possible (as a small tear of humility falls from my eye).
Laurie said…
Grace is adorable! Hope the sun comes out soon.
Rachel said…
I'm sorry, I can relate to bad days. Today is my 3rd day back at work from maternity leave and it is my 3rd day of crying in the bathroom because I miss my baby. And my other kids...but not as much. Don't tell anyone. I'm not supposed to cry, I'm Rachel.
Ashley said…
Rachel!! :(
I'm crying with you right now.
I'm sorry...
mccall said…
Grace is SOOO cute! Oh my gosh.

Isn't Skype wonderful!!!

Did you actually put on make-up when you went to orientation with Blair? I see that you did your hair. I'm super impressed!

Popular Posts