Domestic Goddess


There's nothing quite line clothesline dried linens.
I love the feel of crisp sheets and unwrinkled shirts baked by the sun's rays.
No ironing, no drier lint.
Just clean clothes that smell of fresh air.

We have a drier in our apartment (which is a rarity in these parts).
But electricity is grossly overpriced and therefore drying clothes in the modern machine is a bit hard on our wallets. So we purchased a long string at the grocery store and created our own clothesline. I must say that I'm pleased as punch (still not really sure what that expression means by the way). Laundry is suddenly more therapeutic...okay not really. It's still a drab domestic duty. But there really is something romantic about clotheslines and so I will continue to do my laundry.

Until we get back to the states that is.

Then I'll hire someone to do my laundry.

Or at least I'll dream about it.

By then hopefully I'll have given birth to slaves...I mean children that will do it for me.

Love,

The Domestic Goddess.

Comments

Ali Snow said…
It sounds like you guys are adjusting well and enjoying your new home (which is gorgeous by the way). I'm so happy for you guys!
Krista said…
What a woman, doing laundry already. You have a beautiful home. I hope all is going well.
noelle regina said…
tell me that gorgeous pic is your laundry? amazing photo
Ashley said…
No. Unfortunately not my picture. By the time I posted this last night it was too dark for a good picture. Picture courtesy of google images. :)
Currently bowing to the domestic goddess!! You are THE woman!

We miss you guys so much!!
Also, when will you be able to talk on the phone?...I tried your cell and it just went straight to VM.
LOVE YOU!
Pallavi said…
The romanticism of drying clothes on a clothes line and clips lasts as long as it doesn't rain :) Lots of experience in this in India. I am glad you are liking it though.
Kerry said…
I've been using the phrase "pleased as punch" lately, too. I like it because it sounds delightfully old-school southern. : )
Richards Fam said…
What a good attitude you have about doing laundry! I have to say having a clothes line is one thing I am not looking forward to. Once you have a kid, your laundry more than doubles. Oh, if only Emma was old enough to help hang up the clothes instead of playing with them! I'll enjoy my dryer while I can.
Take Care,
Stef
liz said…
funny how "air dried" clothes on the mission did NOT smell of clean, fresh linen. Must be a different sun.

Popular Posts