Mid-Life Crisis


Some people go through mid-life crises for an extended period of time.
My father, for example, has been suffering from a mid-life crisis for the past thirty years. When Blair called me a few days ago to say that my parents weren't at home and there was a new motorcycle in my parent's garage, I knew that one of two things had happened. Either my mom divorced my dad for making such a purchase, or the crisis bug had spread to my mom and they were both out getting matching tattoos at the local parlor. So far I haven't seen any divorce papers. I'm assuming that the tattoos are somewhere. I simply am not willing to investigate where they might be. I'm guessing my mom's tattoo says 'Live Long And Prosper' and my dad's is a picture of a guy mowing his lawn with socks and Tevas on. Such weirdos.

I know you're not surprised that such weirdos gave birth to the likes of me.
Unfortunately we won't be taking comments on that subject right now.
Keep your thoughts to yourself please, children.
Today we're making fun of our elders only.
Thank you.

Comments

AMEN to the prolonged mid life crisis phase...Dad's always up to something... But we love you Dad, and your leather chaps :-)
Mom...hang in there!:-)
Ash & Blair...this is going to be the funnest and most interesting month of your life!
XOXO

OK...but we are serious about coming to the Carribean in Feb!!
Laurie said…
Ashley, are you going to live in the Carribean?
Ali Snow said…
I'm with Laurie...does this mean you've made your decision? And what about camping? How come you never returned my phone call?
Ashley said…
Ali - yes. I'll fill you in on the island adventure details soon. And I don't think I've received any calls from you little missy...We are in for camping any weekend but this coming weekend. Call me. But call the right number this time eh? 801-503-1369
Maren said…
Oh my goodness... I never pegged your dad as one of those mean biker men. hahah! That is too funny that he got a full blown motorcycle. Good ole Ronald!

Popular Posts