Island Fever


So here's the deal.
Blair and I are going on a little excursion.
On July 25th we're packing two suitcases each and boarding a plane headed to the island of Grenada. It's an island located in the Caribbean below the Virgin Islands and above the coast of Venezuela. Blair will be attending medical school there for two years and then we'll come back to the states for his residency, rotations, etc. This isn't exactly the place we'd planned on going for medical school. In fact, it was our back-up plan. But something feels right about it and for a while now I've felt something pulling us there. Maybe it's the cockroaches and the hurricanes, or maybe it's a unique opportunity to learn and serve. Regardless, we're nervous, excited, and grateful for this opportunity. I'll be working for Overstock.com still from Grenada for a while and then I'll start selling sea shells and hot dogs on the beach. Stay tuned for all the island adventures to come...

Comments

Laurie said…
Wow, how exciting! Sounds like a huge adventure.
shelby said…
just make sure he's getting a real medical degree =)
Kalli said…
dude, it will be fantastic. Miss you, when you going?
Jenae said…
What an amazing opportunity! It looks beautiful.

Two suitcases for two years? I guess you'll be taking about two of everything...two sweaters, two t-shirts, two pairs of socks, etc. You won't have enough room for any more than that!

Please be sure to keep your blog updated! I find a lot of joy in your stories and experiences. I make my husband sit down and read your blog with me because it is so funny and uplifting. I just think you are wonderful!

Good luck and best wishes to both of you!
Entao! Obrigado por as detalhas! Que jornada! Vai ser como Madeira, outra vez! Estamos animados por voces. Esperamos ve-los antes de sairem (pelo menos para dar as cartas . . . acho que Ariel esta quase terminada. Ela tem desfrutada escrevendo a estoria de vosso amor :) ).
Bem, nos voltamos Aug 14.
Fiquem bens!
E feliz anniversario! Ainda quero recordar a cancao que escrevi pelo casamento. Esta na minha lista.
Ali Snow said…
Wow, congratulations! You guys will have so much fun and get great tans. Where will you be living? Will you have to buy all new furniture? I can't wait to hear about all your adventures!
Mike and Kim said…
Wow what an amazing opportunity for you guys! I am excited for you both!
That sounds awesome!!
KO said…
Wow, best wishes on this new adventure! Can't wait to see what life's like there.
I can't believe it...you just can't get away from that tropical environment can you?? I will have to come and see what it's all about down there. I'm excited for you guys.
Marce said…
holy crap! are you kidding? that is so exciting! i'd buy some sea shells. so find some for me, yes? xoxo
YEAH! I am so excited for you two. what a fun adventure you will have over the next two years. I am a little jealous!
Kerry said…
You guys are going to have a blast and just think of the priceless memories you'll make! I'm totally jealous of your island adventure, minus the cochroaches.
Wow!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you and Blair!! (a little jealous too!!) Please keep your blog updated!! I love you!!!
Oh my goodness...can I come with??? What an exciting time for you guys, and may I say lucky too??? I don't think I've ever even vacationed in a place that seems so exciting! Congratulations to Blair on getting into medical school!!!

Popular Posts