EGO


Dear Ashley,

I know you hate when I'm offended.
I see you try to pretend that the reason you're irked is due to something other than me being offended. Your stomach rolls in a knot and the hoses behind your eye balls threaten to leak the dreaded fluid. You take a deep breath, look around the conference room, and try to think happy thoughts. But you're not fooling anyone.

It's not a big deal, Ash.

Go get some chocolate and have a nice weekend.

I've been offended before and you've managed to get over it.

Warm Regards,

Your companionate EGO

Comments

Willis Family said…
Your presentation? How did it go? Humility brings me to my knees every time. Love ya sis!
Amber and Matt said…
I love your EGO post it made me smile. I was reading your post about your Grandma and thought of mine. My sweet Grandma also died of Alzheimer's two years ago this month. If I could cure any diesease besides world hunger, cancer, I could go on but I won't, it would be Alzheimer's. It was so hard to watch my fun loving Grandma slowly fade. It was like I got her back when she died because I knew she was whole again. I found out I was pregnant later that year and have always felt that she was there sending my angel to me.
Sorry for the long post, thanks for letting me tell you about her.
Ashley said…
Amber - I know exactly how you feel about your grandma. It really is such a vicious disease and I did feel relieved to "have her back". Thanks for telling me about your grandma :)
Where are you...I just tried to call you?:-( I've been thinking about you all day-love you!!
Marce said…
i get weak in the knees thinking of presenting something to anyone...i think i'll just stay here in the comfort of my own bed instead :)

i love you and your blog, ash. always so honest and real. xoxo

Popular Posts