Taken? Not I.

I'm on the defense.
I'm preparing for war.
It all started two weeks ago when Mr. creepazoid in a black leather jacket decided to stake out at my apartment door and then chase me to my neighbor's house once I figured out that he wasn't exactly selling Girl Scout cookies. My three hundred pound, refrigerator shaped, friendly neighbor walked me home, I locked the door behind me, and I called Blair crying. And that's when we started preparing for war.

Step 1
- Blair buys Ashley mace.
Step 2 - Ashley buys a gym pass to learn how to kick some trash.
(Not really essential to the war. I'm using this experience as leverage to get that gym pass I've wanted...hard to understand this kind of trickery? Use the recent stimulus bill as an analogy.)
Step 3 - Blair and Ashley go shopping for a firearm.
Step 4 - Blair and Ashley go see the movie Taken.


Has anyone else seen this movie? Sheesh - as if my paranoia wasn't already at an all-time high, this movie scared the bajeezers out of me! We had to come home and watch Bambi just to be able to sleep! I actually liked the movie, but be forewarned that it's not exactly "lovely or of good report". It does, however, teach you all sorts of practical every-day things like how to protect a celebrity pop star, how you can find your missing daughter in Europe, and how you can prevent being Taken.

Comments

Mike and Kim said…
Oh my gosh, did that really happen??? Are you ok? I would totally freak out. That makes me want to go and buy some mace.
Ashley said…
Yes, yes.
Go buy some mace - everyone!
Willis Family said…
WHAT!!!! You are as bad as Mom. How come I never heard about this until I read it on your Blog. WHAT!! I saw Taken. Can't believe I watched it. To real for me.
Kandyce said…
Girl, I had a similar experience a few years after graduating HS and let's just say I got mace too. I also, recommend EVERYONE getting mace.

I hope you're ok. Just FYI, if you didn't already know, it's a good idea to keep your keys in between your fingers to jab someone in the face or the eye just in case someone tries to attack while you're walking to or from your car.
KO said…
Yikes! What a scary ordeal. Honestly, my #1 fear is people walking behind me. When people would drop me off at home late at night, I literally ran to the front door and tried so fast to unlock the door. I was TERRIFIED of people behind me. Creeps me out. I think I just might add some mace to the grocery cart next time.
Ashley said…
K, how scary for you! And I think I don't want to see that movie. Brody wants to but I'll pass- makes me think too much.
Kolette said…
Scary Ash. Justin recommends having Dad hook you up with a defense arsenal!
Maren said…
Uh... What the heck? Aren't you living in Utah???? Jk That is SO scary - I think you need more than mace. I saw Taken and it totally freaked me out. I thought it was a good movie though. Now I don't want to go to Germany because I'm afraid I'll be kidnapped.
Also, what are you doing to make sure he doesn't come back? I'm worried about you!
Laurie said…
Freaky! We really did buy a gun. What's Taken? I will go watch the trailer right now.
Laurie said…
ok, wow, I can see how that would be a little scary! Why did it say only in theaters january 13?
Kolette said…
Ashley, this is Justin (not the nice Justin married to Kami--the other one). Have firearms will deliver. Or, call me on a secure line (in discussions with Jack Bauer a secure line is anything operated by Sprint, plus who else gives you reception from the depths of a Chinese freighter) and I'll tell you how to solve your problem. JDH aka Jack Bauer
anne said…
I liked the movie plot...I did NOT like the reason for them taking girls. It made me sick to my stomach and I wanted to throw up for the next 3 days.

I hate that kind of reality check.

Popular Posts