Miss you already.
















Driving Blair to the airport this afternoon:

Ashley: "Do you realize that one of these days is going to be the last day that we see each other before one of us dies?"

Blair: "Yeah."

Ashley: "What would you say?"

Blair: "I love you. I'll see you soon. What would you say?"

Ashley: "Thank you for making my life wonderful. I love you."

Ashley: "Don't remarry, okay?"

Blair: Laughs. I want you to remarry. I don't want you to be alone.

Ashley: Sighs. Fine. I take it back. You can remarry too I guess. Just make sure she's not as pretty as I am.

These are the kind of morbid conversations we have before one of us leaves on a trip. It's borderline ridiculous and even more so that I cry on the drive home almost every single time. I just can't imagine life without my best pal, I guess. We had a great weekend together. Blair made a delicious Mexican dinner for me and then we went and saw Bride Wars. I thought we were going to see Valkyre, which he has been dying to see for a few weeks now. I didn't pay attention as we picked up our tickets, but as we were walking to the theater I saw that Bride Wars was playing and said, "Oh I want to see that!" and then we kept walking...Blair said why don't you go find our seats while I go to the bathroom. When he handed me the tickets I saw the words Bride Wars printed on our tickets! He must really like me - I think there were two guys total in that entire theater. Thanks for spoiling me with good food and a good chick flick, sweetheart. I needed one of those yesterday. Afterwards, we went to our friends' cabin in American Fork canyon and sledded the entire night down the mountain. Miss you already, Blair. Come home soon :(

Comments

jaci said…
i just LOVE this picture of you two. so in character!
Laurie said…
What an awesome picture! I love the conversation. I think almost every couple has had a conversation like that. I was laughing picturing you two saying it. I must say right here that I told you so. Yo shmo. I told you to wait for Blair. (Not that I'm taking the credit for it all)
Ashley said…
Lol. You WERE right, Laurie, and I'll totally give you the credit. Thanks for sticking by me during those crazy years. Loves you.
Kandyce said…
James and I have those kinds of conversations too...esp after I left for China for 3 months. It was the hardest being away from each other for that long, and some of the convos we had are hilarious now that I look back on them. But, James is the same way...he wants me to re-marry (heaven forbid if something bad happened to him)...and I've said what you've said many times that I didn't want him to re-marry...maybe it's because I'm selfish and want my James all to myself...is that so wrong? ;) Lol.
You and Blair are soo cute! I really am so happy you both ended up together! And I love LOVE the pic of you 2 on this post, super cute!
That Blair is a sweetie!
Kerry said…
Agree with everyone: I love that picture of you two and your conversation! Dalles and I had a conversation similar to that this weekend. I told him that I hope we miss each other so badly after one of us dies, that the other dies really soon after of heartache so that we don't have to be apart for long. Turns out we're morbid, too. ; )
Marce said…
ash, you're so cute...and in love...and it makes me want to go give my mike a huge hug and a kiss. sigh.

p.s. i hope you know that i don't change ellie 5 times a day (unless it's been an explosive diaper day)...you're funny :)

Popular Posts