Found.

I love being found.
Unlike most little kids, my favorite part of hide and go seek was being found. I hated being alone in dark places and most of all I hated how the anxiety of being found cranked up the urine production in my bladder and made me feel like I would wet myself if I waited any longer. I don't know why I talk about bodily fluids so much. I promise I'm not as boyish and immature as I seem! Okay maybe just a little immature. My mom used to say that we'd know we were mature when we started liking those red tomatoes she always put on the dinner table. Well, that tomato landmark has come and gone and I'm still not as mature as I'd like to be. What is happening?! This was supposed to be a semi-serious post. I digress...

I love being found. Tonight I read this talk by President Eyring and my worldly, prideful, and lost little soul felt relieved. Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in day to day matters that seem so important. I forget that I should be a missionary. I forget that it's more important that I'm kind and loving more than getting that project pushed through at work. I forget that I'm so lucky to know what I know. I forget to share it. I forget how important the real part of life is.

Read.

Comments

Kandyce said…
Thanks for posting this!! I NEEDED it! ♥
Foi uma boa mensagem que ajuda-nos a recordar dos tempos bons na missao.
Laurie said…
Ashley, it would be AWESOME if you came to visit us during the season finale of Lost! (Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with this post, I liked it by the way). Get your plane tickets and come on down. Your sister can come stay with us too while you are here if she wants. Think about it.
Marce said…
loved this. was the perfect thing for me to read in this hectic week i've had- how come is it so easy to forget the wonderful blessing of the gospel in our lives?? ugh. i just don't know. well anyways, thanks for being you. you're lovely.
Ali Snow said…
I don't like that your blog is private and I'll tell you why - on my igoogle page it never shows new posts therefore I never go to your blog and then when I do decide to click on it I'm way behind. Is there a solution to this?

Popular Posts