Turkeys & Hemroids

So I was a little nervous about Thanksgiving this year. Aside from the two years that I was field tripping in Brazil, this was the first time I wouldn't be with my family on Turkey Day. Thanksgiving at the Willis', however, was wonderful. I thought I'd include the highlights of my day
  • Making spinach artichocke dip with Rick (father-in-law) in the kitchen. He thought this would be an appropriate time for bonding by talking about how spinach helps with hemoroids and urinary tract infections. Sigh. Yay for bonding!
  • Watching two grown men, Blair and his brother Darren, searching around the house for 2 hours, trying to find where mom hid the peppermint bark chocolates.
  • Playing Trivial Pursuit with grandma and realizing that people should get a PhD for being able to win that game.
  • Playing Buzz Word with Rick. So the buzz word was "give" and the clue was "Kit-Kat candy bar theme song". Rick with a straight face broke out singing
    "Give it a try. Give it a try. Give this candy bar a try!" LOL. I can't stop laughing just thinking about it. He really thought that was the song. I love that man. Ha ha.
I felt grateful this Thanksgiving for such amazing in laws. I've learned so much about optimism, patience, and love from them and I'm so proud to be a part of their family. I'm most grateful to them for raising such an amazing best friend and husband for me. Thank you!

Comments

Kalli Ko said…
i thought turkeys and hemorrhoids went hand in hand, they don't?
mccall said…
I can seriously picture Rick right now breaking into that song. The completely wrong one, at that. That's awesome. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! How fun. Love holidays!
Maren said…
Sounds like you had a good time. I miss family thanksgivings! They're always so much fun. I'm so glad you and Blair have each other. You two are great!
Marce said…
you're so funny Ash. just thinking of your laugh makes me laugh. it's contagious.

and i just wanted to say...thank you for your sweet words on my blog a few weeks ago. kind words always do my soul good :) especially from someone i love and admire so much! you are one of a kind. so glad to be able to keep in touch! makes me so happy. can't wait to read many more posts to come! all my love.

Popular Posts