Glad

Blair interviewed at George Washington University's medical school last Thursday. He felt like the interview went well, but there's just no real way of knowing what will happen at this point. He has worked really hard and done all that he can do, so it's pretty much out of our hands at this point and we'll be happy wherever we end up. I'll keep crossing my fingers and hoping for DC though... :)

We had a riot laughing, eating, and touring around the city with Maren and Ryan. They're the perfect hosts and tour guides. From the Nation's Capital to all the Memorials and secrets of the Pentagon, we had a fabulous time touring around with our good friends. Thanks, Maren and Ryan! We love you guys.

As we toured through the historic and rusting buildings, I felt a profound sense of gratitude to have been born in the United States. I'm grateful for those in the past and the present who have sacrificed their fortunes, reputations, and lives for the freedom of men. I'm grateful for what I felt as I walked through the Holocaust Museum. I remembered that hate in any form will destroy us all. I remembered that no matter what - we can always fight evil and stand up for what is decent and good. I remembered that all suffering will eventually cease. I remembered that I'm glad to be alive, glad to be an American, and glad that it's Christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Comments

Maren said…
We love you guys too and were so happy to have you at our place. We're crossing our fingers too hoping you'll be our neighbors!
Kolette said…
Looks like you had a great time! Good luck - what a fun city that would be to live in. We love you guys!
I'm glad you both had so much fun!! I'm crossing my fingers too that all goes well with your job interview!!!!
Marci + Dan said…
The Holocaust museum is so powerful. But glad you had a good time in DC (we love it there). And GW is a GREAT school - we're crossing our fingers for Blair.
mccall said…
BAA! Such a scary, yet exciting time! Everyone who interviews Blair will love him, I have no doubts! I REALLY hope you end up in DC! Me, you & Mare will be so close to eachother!

Popular Posts