Potty Talk













I feel like a little bathroom talk tonight. Today I accidentally dropped Blair's electric razor in the toilet while he was showering. I was a little nervous to tell him because he seems to think that I have some sort of disability when it comes to electronics. I don't know why he thinks that. There was one insignificant occurrence a few weeks ago where I spilled an entire glass of milk on the laptop keyboard, wiped off the milk, and went on my merry way. I didn't think Blair would notice. To my horror he called me at work the next day asking why the computer smelled like a stinky baby and why it was showing an "i" when he typed "z"...Good thing we bought that insurance at Best Buy. I thought we would need it in case the kids ruined the computer...

Let's get back to the bathroom talk. What I really want to know is what you would do in the following situation. Several months ago when I was still working at XanGo, I strolled into the ladies room after lunch. After doing my duty and pulling up my trowsers, I heard a plop. I turned around to see a golden nugget, my visa debit card, taking a swim in the murky waters. I for one couldn't bring myself to rescue the golden nugget. I closed my eyes, flushed the toilet, and prayed that it would make it down the drain. Everything seemed fine until a few weeks later when I walked into that bathroom again and saw a sign that said "Out of Order". I never fessed up to the XanGo facilities people. I just hoped that my name would have miraculously been worped off the front of the card when they found it lodged in the drains.

So my question for you is would you rescue your debit card in a public restroom toilet or would you flush it like I did?

Comments

Mike and Kim said…
Oh I would for sure flush!
Saunders Family said…
Ash... similar situation. I was on a date once and my cell phone fell out of my back pocket into the potty. I was SO embarrassed! I had already started to flush before I noticed... so I didn't have a choice. But I would have flushed it anyway. There is no way in heck I would ever stick my hand in a public toilet bowl. Ick!
Maren said…
Oh Ash! I still remember talking to right after you did that. You are hilarious. I definitely would want to just flush, but I think I would've been to paranoid that it would somehow be found and someone would know what I did. So I probably would've made some contraption to get it out. hahaha who knows!
Laurie said…
I would have definitely gotten it out of the toilet cause it is worse to go though the hassle of getting a new one. Man, that plumber is going to have a good time getting Christmas gifts this year with the free money (debit card) he found in the toilet. You crack me up.
Brett said…
Ashley, you bring a whole new meaning to "dirty money." I think I would have pulled it out as well. Use the whole role of TP to make a safety glove, then dive in. Soap can clean the rest.
Rachel said…
I remember this. I remember telling you that you were crazy for flushing. But then again, I have 2 kids, so it isn't really that gross to me. I would have fished it out for you, all you had to do was ask.
CHELSEY said…
Poor razor. I'm a flusher.
Marce said…
i would've sat there for a really long time...deliberating the odds that i'd get a disease vs. getting caught for clogging a toilet... until my germophobic self would win through and say, there's no amount of plastic (with or without my name) that could ever in a million years provoke me to stick my hand in that bacteria hole. and that's when i'd do what you did.

p.s. sometimes i secretly wish i were more like you. so funny and real. i love you ash.
Kristin said…
Haha! That's the best story EVER! You kill me. I totally would have gone for it. Soap can kill anything if you scrub hard enough! ;)
Ashley said…
All of you who would've fished it out are disgusting. Soap CANNOT get everything off. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck!
mccall said…
I don't even know if you'll get this comment, but I totally dropped my cell phone in the toilet (twice). I've reached in both times. It's my instinct!

Popular Posts