Are you pretending too?

Today I woke up and realized that I'm pretending to be a grown up. I'm in Miami right now for a business trip. For those of you who don't know, I manage Overstock.com's customer loyalty programs. My job description basically boils down to figuring out what customers want and developing strategies to spoil them, keep them loyal, and make them spend more money with us. Wow. Not exactly saving the world am I? Lol. Dream big, kids.

Overstock sent me here this week to attend a customer engagement and loyalty conference. As I sat around the lunch table with executives from Time Magazine and Best Buy this afternoon, all I could think about was "Do they know how old I am?" "What if they ask to see my driver's license?" The fact is I'm 24 years old and should be able to do what I'm doing. But every once in a while I feel like tapping the person next to me and asking "Are you just pretending to be a grown up too?" I sure am. Tomorrow I'll get out my sneakers and paper dolls.

Just pretending.

Comments

Just so you know, I'm totally pretending, well, as much as an toys'r'us kid can :). My question to you is: Could it still be considered pretending if everyone knows you're a total fraud?

And about the previous post...no comment other than nobody else can look as cute as you do while engaging in potty talk. Cute picture.
Jake & Becca said…
Ya I don't know if I'll ever have to stop pretending. Between Jake and I we are stuck in the kiddie age forever. It gets worse when you have a kid and start saying things like potty, kuckie (I made up that spelling) and quoting blues clues and sponge bob! I'm actually getting younger it looks like! I would have gone after the card in the toilet because lately I have had to do much worse... but I don't blame you.
You are so cute!! I love your posts!! I wish I lived in Utah to hang out with you...I would laugh all the time!!! ha!!

Popular Posts