Winner.














I know what you're thinking, "Another one of those low budget, cheesy Mormon movies." I thought the same thing. I usually can't stand the majority of the troubled missionary/neighborhood BBQ/creepy Mormon town movie productions that emerge from our culture. But this movie, my friends (not meaning to sound like John McCain hear), is a winner.

I've always felt a little uneasy about the opinions that are so often thrown around about Emma Smith. This movie certainly sets the record straight and portrays a historically accurate, brilliant glimpse into her wonderful life. I'm amazed by her faith as she lost so many precious children to tragedy and constantly wondered whether this would be the last time she'd see her husband alive. It gives me strength knowing that I come from a legacy of strong women who trusted in God and faithfully and cheerfully overcame extraordinary things. Go see this if you get a chance. Very touching.

Comments

Melanie said…
It's sad that I've never seen this, seeing as the guy who plays Joseph Smith is a good friend of ours. . . I need to go rent it. Tonight.

Thanks for reminding me.
Sounds like a great one...I'll have to go rent it. We miss you guys...Christmas seems too far away!! Love ya
Ali Snow said…
Would I fall asleep? Be honest? By the way, you've been tagged. See my blog for details. :)
Mike and Kim said…
I really want to see that one, it looks great! Thanks for the insight on it before I rent it!
I feel the same way about Emma. Have you ever heard the song "Emma" by Mindy Gledhill and Dan Truman on the album 'Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet'?
If not you really should check it out. It's one of my favorites and almost makes cry every time. It evokes some interesting thoughts.

Popular Posts