Preying Mantis Goes Street

I'm white.
I'm lurpey.
"Preying Mantis" and "Go Go Gadget Arms" are among my adolescent nicknames.
So doesn't it make sense for me to enroll in a hip hop class? I think so. America's all about overcoming stereotypes, right? Tonight was night three of gangsta hip hop boot camp. There were just two of us in the class, so unfortunately I got a few good laughs when I saw my preying mantis, lurp sauce reflection in the mirror. I don't care though. I'm just happy to be dancing again. Something feels right about making time to do those things that you love.

Comments

That sounds so fun! Where is this hip hop class? Most people would kill to be "lurpy". I know I sure would.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blair said…
Yeah Ash. Love the Lurpiness. Some of us are bound to the bonds of stubbiness.
My 5 year old niece just started a hip-hop class a couple of weeks ago. She has been teaching me some of her moves (not that I need any help in the hip-hop department), I will have to share them with you:)
The Caldwells said…
ash we all love your lurpiness - i would LOVE to join your class - give me the info (if you don't mind my non-lurpiness/post baby body joining you)
Marce said…
you're so cute, ash! i wish i could be hip-hoppin it with you. xoxo
mccall said…
Lol... preying mantis. I'm a mean friend and I'm sorry. I really am. You are a beautiful dancer! I miss watching you dance. That sounds creepy, but it's not.
Kolette said…
Ash, I want to come dance with you. Sandy Allen from BYU sent me some old ballet pictures she found in her office. It has given me the bug - I want to dance too! (Hip hop may not be the right place for my return!)
KO said…
There's nothing wrong with being white and lurpy... just call it interpretive hip-hop and it justifies all awkwardness!
Maren said…
I'm laughing really hard right now... I would love to see you do hip hop. A bunch of my friends from work tried to get me to join their class... wouldn't that be even funnier?

Popular Posts