Seja Bondoso

Tonight I've been thinking about my Grandma Brown that passed away just over a year ago. She was a fashionable and sassy woman with more fun in her pinky finger than most people have in their whole soul. Gosh I miss her. I've been thinking about a conversation that she and I had several months after my grandpa died. Her voice barely escaped her lips as she broke down one night and expressed how much she missed my grandpa. She said that she wished she would have been more kind to my grandpa and treasured the time that they had together. Grandma and Grandpa had a good relationship and we all knew they loved each other. But just like most of us do, they had their moments of frustration. As the ache of losing Grandpa began to sink in, I think Grandma realized how insignificant those frustrations were and wished she could wash the memory of them away. I'm grateful for the lesson that Grandma taught me that day. I'm grateful for the profound feeling that I had about how important it is to just be kind within the walls of our homes, especially with our eternal companions. So go be kind and create memories that you'll love to remember someday.

love,

ash

Comments

jaci said…
Thanks for the reminder, Ash.
Thanks for sharing that! I too needed a reminder. Can't wait to see you soon!
mccall said…
Oh your sweet grandma. I've been thinking a lot about my grandpa that died just a year ago, as well. Thank goodness for grandparents! Aren't they the BEST? I know that your grandparents are looking down on you and are SO proud of you, Ash! I love you so dang much and I'm excited to have a spend over tomorrow night! Mmmmwah!
Blair said…
So that's where you're going! And all this time, you told me that it was just a wild weekend in vegas.
Willis Family said…
Very Sweet Ashley. Man I miss those two. I miss sitting in their home and listening, talking and just listening. I sure hope they are having fun together
:--) cause heaven knows it would be nice to still have them here.
I love you sis
Marce said…
so sweet- i love spunky grandparents. they seem to tech us life's greatests. thank you for sharing!

Popular Posts