Ode to the Willi and Friends


Maybe it's the pink back-ground or just the name 'blogging', but oddly I've never felt the need to add a 'new post' anytime I've signed on here. I don't mean any offense to anyone, but for the longest time I thought this was a type of facebook explicitly for women... and here I am, writing my first post.
I took the long dirt road to Las Vegas this weekend. One that I haven't taken since my pee-wee football days or Las Vegas Bowl trips. However, this time it wasn't to run around on the dry grass of the desert or cheer for BeckYU, I went down to take the MCAT, the Medical College Admissions Test. Well, there's been no admissions yet and I don't have a score to report until about 30 days from now, but I wanted to somehow express my gratitude for all of those who helped me attack the Cat... as I like to call it....apparently. Ash couldn't go down with me because of her new job at Overstock.com, but she sure was there as much as she could. Phone calls and prayers all but put her in the back seat. The week before all she could do was to tell me that I was going to do great!
"Hey ash, what's for dinner?"
"You're going to do great on the MCAT!"
"Oh, okay. When do you think we should have our planning session?"
"36. That's what you're going to get! 36"
Needless to say, out communication has been lagging for the past weeks. She's been nothing but encouraging the whole time and always helps to keep me focused! Love you Amor.
The Colonel, my pops, took time off his busy schedule to go down with me. I don't think he enjoyed Las Vegas very much, but he stuck it out to be supportive. He gave me a father's blessing, and headed-up a family fast for the youngest Willis Brother. Thanks Dad and Willis clan. I'm grateful for all the love and support. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.

Comments

Willis Family said…
Hi Blair. Welcome to blogging. It is such a fun way to keep all the family in touch. We are so proud of you and know that all will be well--36?!!! (hopefully) You and Ashley are beautiful eternal couple. We are so lucky to have you both as family.
Kolette said…
We are sure that you did great on the MCAT! Have fun on your trip - we love you guys!
lauren said…
i hear the mcat's not the most pleasant experience in the world, so good for you. i'm also excited i found you guys on here. yay for the blogging world.
-lauren lalli soderberg
Whitney said…
Once you've crossed the line Blair...it's hard to get back over to the other side. Congrats on getting the MCAT over with. I'm sure it will turn out the way you want.

Jeff
Way to go Blair. You were in thoughts and prayers last weekend. I remember studying for, and taking the GRE threw me around like a ragdoll, and that's nothing compared to the MCAT. You're going to be an awesome doctor, like Bill Nye or something. I wonder what he got on the MCAT? Anyway, congratulations. You're a hero.

Popular Posts