Random.

Random thoughts of the day...I can't think of any other way to ramble off what I'm thinking.

- Mom. You're one of my dearest friends and I love your guts. I love your wisdom, your humor, your hilarious quirks, and your love for your children. You're my hero in so many ways. Thank you for your many sacrifices for your children and for showing your love for us throughout our lives. I hope I can be the mother that you are one day.

- New places. Yesterday we said farewell to our loft apartment (aka "the pirate ship"). It was actually kind of a sad day. We have so many fun memories of swinging off the rope to our kitchen counter and bumping our heads on the ceiling in the middle of the night! lol. Goodbye loft. We'll miss you. I'll post pictures of our new place once all of the boxes are out of sight!!!

- Be good. This morning as we were driving to visit our families, our tire inexplicably blew up on the freeway. After we awkwardly pulled over and finally stopped laughing, I turned to Blair and said, "Should we call AAA?" I've never gotten a flat tire before, nor do I have a clue how to change one so calling AAA seemed like the logical thing to do, right? Blair didn't seem to agree. He rolled his eyes, rolled up his sleeves, and started changing the tire. No more than two minutes went by before a man pulled up by us and asked if he could help. This guy wasn't exactly headed home from church. His body was covered with tattoos and he was wearing a shirt that said "Sin City" or something like that, but he had the kindest demeanor I've ever seen in my life. As he helped Blair change the tire, we repeatedly thanked him for stopping to help. He just kept saying, "People just don't stop to help one another anymore. I think that's so important, so I try to stop as much as I can." I was really touched by this man who from all outward appearance doesn't seem to be on the right track, but in reality probably is closer to heaven than most of us. I need to be good the way that man is good.

- Sunday naps. I'm approaching a food comatose state after our Mother's Day dinner...I'm getting sleepy. I think I'll go find that guy I married and take a Sunday nap.

Tchau.

Comments

Mike and Kim said…
Thanks for your great thoughts. It's nice to be reminded of the good people in this world and how I need to be more like that.
mccall said…
ashley- i have to admit that i have officially become the worste blog-stalking friend in the universe. i can't believe how long it's been since i've visited this page! love your guts.
Marce said…
you're cute, ashley. you've always had a way of being inspiring to me. love your thoughts!

Popular Posts