Nervous Poops and Life Transitions

You all know what I'm talking about...the awful case of diarrhea that you get when you're stressed or nervous about something. I've gotten the nervous poops for as long as I can remember. From being psychotically stressed out about getting 100% on my times tables in elementary school to my current anxiety over a recent career change, I'm two nervous poo attacks away from my target weight :) The stomach cramps are easing, however, and I'm starting to feel excited about a new job and a new place to live...see ya later Utah Valley!!! I'm not going to miss you all that much. I will miss, however, my nerf gun, miniature golfing, lunch budget exploiting cronies at XanGo. What a fun group! Love you guys.
To celebrate the recent career move and Blair's completion of finals, we packed up the car and headed up to Idaho to visit my sister, Kearstin, and her family. We had such a blast!! Playing with my nieces and nephews doesn't have the same anti-conception effect that it did a few months ago. Don't get excited. We're not picking out flannel baby fabric or anything, but these darling kids really do make me excited to have our own family some day. God really knew what he was doing when he put me at the caboose of our family. I'm so glad that I have amazing sisters and a wonderful brother to learn from. Their patience with their kids and their spark for life make me want to be a better person. On Sunday someone was talking about the daughter of a man that passed away. The daughter said at his funeral:

"The characteristics that I saw in my dad taught me what Heavenly Father is like."

What an incredible responsibility parents have, to be examples to their children of God in how they teach, how they respond to mistakes, and how they love. My siblings are such great examples of goodness, despite their own self criticisms. Thanks for your examples, guys. I love you!!
Well, I've got another couple of days before I start being a responsible adult again. In the meantime, I'm going to sit around and make up for some of my calories lost in my recent nervous poo's attack. I'm also busy looking for an apartment/townhouse/whatever in Salt Lake. If anyone knows of something great for rent let me know!!

I'll post pictures of the kids when my computer stops having a seizure.

Comments

Melanie said…
um. . . I didn't know you were leaving! We will all miss you! But congrats on the new start. Come back and visit us sometimes!
jaci said…
Transitions are always hard. What are you going to be doing in SLC? I love that place!

(what happened to your cute title at the top of your blog?)
anne said…
Good luck with changing jobs. What are you going to do now? And like you need to lose any weight...c'mon.
Trent and Steph said…
Hope the new job goes great. I am sure you will do well at anything.
Kalli Ko said…
um what? what??

you're leaving the job and moving to SLC and what?

Email me, tell me what the heck is going on.
Maren said…
Hey Ash... Only you can get away with talking about the D's on a blog - I love it! So what is the new job? I'm intrigued and excited for you. I miss the S.L.C!
Kolette said…
It was good talking to you this morning! Love you sis!

Popular Posts