The Alchemist

Since these drab winter months seem to be wearing out their welcome, I'll continue to curl up in a blanket and be a book worm for a bit longer. Right now I'm reading the book The Alchemist. Not only is it fabulous because it's written by a man from a place that I'll always feel homesick for, but this book is simple and delightful. Quote of the day from the Alchemist:
"And when every day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises." Pick this book up if you get a chance. It's a wonderful story about dreams, magic, and the meaning of life.

Comments

Mike and Kim said…
Looks like a good book, I'll have to read it. Could you send me your e-mail to privateblogmk@yahoo.com. Mike and I have decided to set our blog to private and I would love to still keep in touch with you and Blair. Hope everything is going well with you guys!
Ash, you're always reading such great books. I need you to put a list together for me to read - with all your free time -yeah right!! I'm so excited to see you in 4 weeks....can't wait!! Love ya!
Brittany said…
I'm going to have to read that book! On Sunday Joe pulled it out after dinner and didn't come to bed that night until he had finished it. It must be really good because I have never seen him do that. Good for you for squeezing in some reading time.
mccall said…
So, I read this book a while ago and thought it was alright. Everyone rants and raves about it, though. I might have to pull it off the dusty shelf and give it another shot. I'm reading Left to Tell and I'm pretty sure you've read it. It should be mandatory.
jaci said…
I love the new spring look on your blog! You guys are so dang cute I can't even find words.
You changed it again! You said you were not going to change anymore. What--not that you don't have a job you think you have nothing better to do than change your blog layout!
Miss you like crazy. Perkins is not near as fun as you:)
Cathy

Popular Posts