Self

Dear Old Self,

Remember when you used to watch mushy Jane Austin movies where couples are ridiculously anguished every moment they're apart and think, "Self, you'll never be such a silly girl." ??? Those days are over, my dear. You've been married for nine months now and over the past weekend you were inducted into the silly love girl society. You've been on a business/play trip for six days and sadly you find yourself staring at your computer at 1:30 every night because you can't sleep alone anymore. Self, admit it - you miss him like pigs miss mud! When you talk to him on the phone you convincingly pretend to be having much more fun than you really are so he won't know how much you miss his guts. You're a no good, Jane Austin loving, husband pining, silly silly girl and it's about time you admit it.

Regards,

Self

Comments

Maren said…
HAHA! Ash you're hilarious. Although, I do feel the same when I go home and Ryan doesn't come with me. I never seem to enjoy it as much.
mccall said…
Like pigs miss mud... I like the analogy!
Loved it! You're just two peas in a pod! I always have to sleep with our baby girl's pink stuffed elephant when Dustin leaves out of town - and admittedly wind it up so the music luls me to sleep.
reagan: said…
AW! that is cute! I heart Jane as well. sigh
Trent and Steph said…
I am the same way when my hubby goes out of town, but most of the time he takes our son with him and I am home all alone. It makes me cry everytime they leave.

Stephanie
Aww, Emma! I think there is nothing better than watching Emma, or any Jane Austen for that matter. And you are so stinking cute! I wish I missed my husband like that, unfortunately I can't wait to get him out of the house sometimes. . .maybe I should learn a lesson or two from you.

Popular Posts